• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latest DiscGolfer magazine

For some unexplicable reason, I've now received two copies. If you're missing yours, let me know and I'll send you my extra. Just pay $234623069823740698 shipping and handling ...

But wait, there's more :D

Are there no other newer threads on the magazine?

Anyway, did any of you read the article about Juliana Korver? As someone who is new to the game, I never had the chance to see her play, but I've heard she is a wonderful person, and it seemed to show in the article. It was a great read. This newest issue in particular had a few good articles.

Another issue on par with most previous. Unfortunately the only thing that really sticks out after thumbing through it rather quickly last night is the ephed up copy for the USDGC article.

You guys are very negative. You complain because our sport doesn't get enough coverage, then you complain about the current coverage we have.

I think the magazine is awesome. As a touring player, it gives you a print out of all the awesome tournaments around the United States. It also informs me on projects and people I knew little to nothing about. The color and quality of the magazine are exceptional, as well.

That is all. Carry on.

You guys are very negative. You complain because our sport doesn't get enough coverage, then you complain about the current coverage we have.

I think the magazine is awesome. As a touring player, it gives you a print out of all the awesome tournaments around the United States. It also informs me on projects and people I knew little to nothing about. The color and quality of the magazine are exceptional, as well.

That is all. Carry on.

Well said.

I like when they have course design articles. I also like the history articles.

I think a great addition to the magazine would be a classic course review. There are great courses that are no longer in the ground or they are now over shadowed due to the changes in the sport. I would think an article and pictures about Boylan Family Farms or the original Brown Deer or the old Colorado State University course.

Anything on the history is interesting.

I don't complain about the lack of coverage, I complain about the quality of coverage.

The magazine is comprised of amateur writers who, in many cases, don't know the first thing about journalism. There's a lot more to putting out a good magazine than just putting words on paper.

^As a struggling freelance writer for newspapers and magazines, I endorse this message.

I overall did like the issue, and Scott Papa's stuff is always great, gave me some ideas on how to mix things up on the course for fun!

I always look forward to it. I enjoy the history articles the most. Last months about the history of the disc basket was my favorite article to date.

I think a great addition to the magazine would be a classic course review.

i really like your idea. you should suggest it to them.

"in the bag" stories would also be cool.

fwiw i like the mag. it stays in the crapper and i look at the pictures on days i'm playing golf. helps me get pumped up for the day.

I don't complain about the lack of coverage, I complain about the quality of coverage.

The magazine is comprised of amateur writers who, in many cases, don't know the first thing about journalism. There's a lot more to putting out a good magazine than just putting words on paper.

Nobody talks to the dutchess that way...NOBODY!

Trollface.jpg

I enjoy reading it when it comes out. Yeah the results are old, but the commentaries are from an angle i maybe haven't heard yet.

i don't understand how people complain so much about EVERYTHING. It's somethings else to read about disc golf.

Though, The USDGC mess up was VERY confusing for a few minutes as I was like..."These sentences don't add up....where is Ricky's Field Ace.....oh these pages are backwards"

I second an "In the Bag" section being added. Each issue take 4-5 folks and walk through their bags. Have weights, and quantities of each disc. That'd be really cool. Yeah we have the videos, but they are normally "Well, I have a bunch of desroyers, 4-5 rocs, etc" not all that specific. Would be cool to have written form of the Main shot they have each disc for.

I second an "In the Bag" section being added. Each issue take 4-5 folks and walk through their bags. Have weights, and quantities of each disc. That'd be really cool. Yeah we have the videos, but they are normally "Well, I have a bunch of desroyers, 4-5 rocs, etc" not all that specific. Would be cool to have written form of the Main shot they have each disc for.

Avery Jenkins in the bag

Nate Doss in the bag

You can see all of team Discraft laying out their bags on the Discraft website as well. Innova lists their team member's bags, but not to the same level of detail.

That is all. Carry on.

When I was new, I thought it was great, too. Then after a few issues I realized how bad it was. This issue I thought was a bit better, though. The interview with JK was very good.

One thing they need to work on is encouraging folks to submit articles. I submitted an article and was told some areas of the article needed to be changed to be more online with how things really worked. My article was written on reality. I'm a TD, I sell advertising for a living and do pretty well on raising sponsor dollars for tournaments and selling courses. But apparently it isn't how 'the powers the be' would do it so my article was turned down.

I still enjoy the publication but I do wonder how many others would be contributors are turned away. Just because some on is a publisher doesnt make them an expert on all things Disc Golf.

I enjoy the magazine in general, but can't stand some of the graphics behind the words in the articles. The story with Harold Duvall in this issue is almost unreadable, and I have good eyesight.

Latest posts