• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64º Frost Line?

I woulda thought that more floppy plastic (like gstar) would equal to more understable flights.

Sort of true. It all depends on the player, specifically their grip strength and momentum at the hit point.

For instance, a friend of mine on here (Kachtz) that competes in distance competitions has recorded himself showing how the disc "eggs" or becomes oblong in his hands before he releases it. Those of us playing with him always thought the wooshing sound during the disc flying was from wobble on an unclean release. But the video proved it's actually from the disc expanding and contrasting as it rotates out of his hand, a very different kind of OAT that causes unstability.

That said, he prefers the firmest plastic he can get his hands on.

Last edited:
I am planning on picking up a River, hope some run in a lighter weight.

All my River throwers are GL and that stuff gets slick when cold and cold fingers are trying to hang on to it.

No light weight to be found yet...

DD has rivers in 167-169 in pink only.

I found out last night that the lightest MarshallStreet got was 169 in pink.

DiscGolfCenter has not got them up yet, I heard it was gonna be around noon for them.

Community only has 168 in pink.

Looks like I will buy a 1st run for a keeper instead of a thrower. That blue looks so nice, so I guess I will end up with a 170ish one.

Last edited:
No light weight to be found yet...

DD has rivers in 167-169 in pink only.

I found out last night that the lightest MarshallStreet got was 169 in pink.

DiscGolfCenter has not got them up yet, I heard it was gonna be around noon for them.

Community only has 168 in pink.

Looks like I will buy a 1st run for a keeper instead of a thrower. That blue looks so nice, so I guess I will end up with a 170ish one.

I usually throw 164g Opto Rivers. Picked up a 167g from Community (stayed up waiting to get the lightest one possible). I was hoping for the same weight but really, we are talking about .1 ounces. Should be fine :)

I usually throw 164g Opto Rivers. Picked up a 167g from Community (stayed up waiting to get the lightest one possible). I was hoping for the same weight but really, we are talking about .1 ounces. Should be fine :)

The lighter ones are my favorite. I bag 3 Rivers ( all GL ), most of the time they are 2-161's and 1-162. I do rotate out a 167 and a 171 for windy days or when I go to different courses and need more fade on certain holes.

I even have metal hits and a double eagle with my favorite orange 161 and a metal hit with my heaviest 171...

Went to my local shop and we checked out all the Frost Line Rivers. The only ones below 170 were pink, and the lightest was 168, which I grabbed. Lots of 169 pinks, and all the other colors ran 171-172 mainly.

Anyone got their hands on Elasto or Fluid yet? I have two Elasto Giants on the way from Infinite. I prefer the domey Giants (glider, less HSS by a bit) so hoping these match that.

I've been playing with a 178 fluid truth and a 173 escape.

It's been in the 40's the past few rounds and it's very grippy in the cold.

I throw both molds normally in lucid. I find the fluid plastic to have slightly more glide and more stable than lucid.

Both discs went immediately in the bag. I can't wait to see how they break in playing the woods of Charlotte.

Anyone got their hands on Elasto or Fluid yet? I have two Elasto Giants on the way from Infinite. I prefer the domey Giants (glider, less HSS by a bit) so hoping these match that.

The elasto giants I saw had two variants at gggt. There were a couple types. Good giants with moderate dome and average/slightly higher plh, nothing I could base a trend off of. Just giants. There were, however, a bunch with sunken tops and visible shoulders though, like they got warped in shipment. It was weird, like they were GOING to have a dome and then someone vacuumed the middle down. Those did not impress me and I did not even bother to look at them. I couldn't tell if it was a molding issue or a shipping issue. Elasto is nice and gummy and grippy but not as flexible as gstar. Similar to frost, naturally. Same with fluid.

Went ahead and grabbed a River in the light blue color in a 171 weight. I just wanted to get in on one to give it a feel and a throw.

I guess the pinks were the lightest of the first run and the color did look sweet. The blue just won out over the pink especially since the lightest pinks were 168 vs. 171. Color trumped weight this time around!

The elasto giants I saw had two variants at gggt. There were a couple types. Good giants with moderate dome and average/slightly higher plh, nothing I could base a trend off of. Just giants. There were, however, a bunch with sunken tops and visible shoulders though, like they got warped in shipment. It was weird, like they were GOING to have a dome and then someone vacuumed the middle down. Those did not impress me and I did not even bother to look at them. I couldn't tell if it was a molding issue or a shipping issue. Elasto is nice and gummy and grippy but not as flexible as gstar. Similar to frost, naturally. Same with fluid.

That's what I'm hoping for, sounds perfect!!!

[/B]

That's what I'm hoping for, sounds perfect!!!

Yeah, it's great feeling plastic. I guess it may be as flexible as gstar if you bend it with purpose, which I did not try since I wasn't going to buy it. But the flight plates aren't loose on the wide rimmed giants like they are with gstar drivers. I imagine this is what xg is like, I dunno.

XG? I'm assuming you mean Xtra Gummy?

It's close but a fairly bit stiffer. It does have the same exact tacky feel to my hands. Just not near as floppy but not like G*. G* makes the flight plate feel extremely thin where F/F/E is still stiff. I can grab a video tomorrow.

Santa came early and I got one of each of the frost line discs. Wow - these things feel great in the hand. When you grip them your fingers really "meld" into the plastic for should make for some awesome grip. The Claymore and the Diamond are very close in shape to the others I have in different plastics. The River has a significantly larger dome which I assume will add more stability and glide (not that a River needs more glide)? I'm hoping to throw them after work to see how they fly.

Attachments

• FrostlineDiscs.jpg
    FrostlineDiscs.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 75
Still waiting on my blue River from DGC, it shipped on Monday, I should see it today ( I hope! ).

I got a chance to throw at lunch today about 5 times each along with these same molds in other plastics.

River - The Frost Line is definitely more stable than my Gold Line or Opto Rivers. It flies almost exactly like a fresh S-FD (Jackal). That's not a bad thing but I already carry an FD so there's no point in having both in the bag. A few reasons why it may be more stable 1. its fresh 2. more dome 3. a small amount of flashing is on the bottom - not much but you can catch your finger on it.

Diamond - Wow - huge difference in stability on these. I have Opto and Recycled Diamonds that are big time flippy even from a big hyzer - not this one. My 155 Frost Diamond is definitely WAY more stable than the others. It's still understandable of course but it's more like a light gold line river than a diamond in my opinion.

Claymore - This one is my favorite so far. It flies almost exactly like the Trilogy Challenge recycled ones but with just a hair less turn and a hair less fade. This thing is money straight and feels great in the hand - goes in the bag.

I haven't thrown mine yet, but my teal Truths and white Rivers were delivered extremely domey and poppy-top, a quality I dislike in both truths and rivers. The plastic does not feel good to me. Compared to Crystal Flx, ESP Flx, and Gstar it feels cheap. I don't know how else to explain it. *shrug*

Just got done with a quick mini session with a 169g Frost River and 172 Fluid Truth. The truth has some funky dome but flew pretty similar to my 175g bio. Flights are close enough here where I could bag either one and not have to think about it.

The River on the other hand, much more stable and feels like less glide. I normally use 163g Gold Line Rivers so it could be the plastic or could be the weight. Comparing my Fluid to my other GLs I feel like I got lucky. The dome is almost exactly the same with all my rivers. A nice gradual shoulder with a flatish top. The PLH is a hair higher on my Frost but Its small enough that I just think it's normal variation. I was able to get River like flights out of this disc but with a bit more fade, but only when I really tried to put power into it. I like my fairways light so I can dail back and focus more on my angle and line. Bottom line for me is this will not fill the spot in my bag I was hoping for.

As far as the plastic - It was mid 30s and raining this morning when I went to the field. It didn't feel as stiff as Opto but I didn't seem to have a whole lot more grip. Compared to some other discs I was throwing today Pro, DX and Gstar felt a lot better. I was very excited when this plastic was announced but seeing the weird molding inconsistencies and the fact that some discs seem to come out a full tick more stable I'm not sure if it's worth trying to swap out regular Opto or GL discs I throw from these. It hasn't gotten seriously could here yet though so maybe I'll change my mind then. That's my two cents.