• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64º Frost Line?

News on the Frost line. Looks like it is debuting with the Claymore, River and Diamond.

Frost Line is our newest addition to our high quality lines of plastic. We have worked hard to develop a plastic that feels good in the hand, has flexibility, durability, and maintains its shape in all conditions. Frost Line is very similar to our Opto Line but with a higher flexibility and stickier grip. Creating a plastic that is flexible yet durable was a challenge that our mad scientists in Sweden have now conquered. Frost will maintain its shape in cold weather and doesn't melt in your hand on a sunny day. We will be releasing Frost in late November in three molds, Claymore, Diamond Light, and River. We will continue to release additional molds in the early spring of 2015. Check with your disc vendor on when they will stock up on this so you can continue to play through the winter in style! Supplies are limited!

David Feldberg's thoughts on the new Frost Line

So I just received the first Frost discs from Sweden. Latitude 64° has come out with a new line of plastic that is super flexible in all weather. I tested the Claymore, Diamond Light, and the River. They are designed to stay flexible in cold weather so I stuck them in the refrigerator and they stayed just as gummy. Then I took them out to the desert in 90 plus temperatures and gave them their first flights. Funny thing is that they maintained the same flexibility that they did in my refrigerator. They had a great grip and seemed to fly more stable than our other plastics.

I assume that is because the dome can flex more with this softer plastic blend. I really liked their feel and performance and I will be adding them to my bag as we release more molds. If you are training in colder temperatures this winter you will want to try our Frost Line. I am from Michigan and I can tell you that when a disc gets cold it becomes harder to grip and throw. If I had these discs back then I would have lowered my scores. They are to be released in late November. Congratulations Latitude 64°, you did it again!!

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with either of those discs, I think it makes sense that they released them and I agree that they are great discs, I just unfortunately don't throw those molds.

I absolutely don't think a completely OS disc that just sticks and sits down is pointless, I use my xXx all the time in tight woods on FH flex lines and I'd love for it to have less skip. Options are always better!

Good call. After reading this I remembered how excited I am to pair a soft Harp with a VIP one, so I understand your point. Hopefully they'll release new molds in this plastic at a similar rate that Innova did with g star.

This sounds less like GStar and more like Innova XG or gummy champ or possibly Prodigy 400S. They say the discs are similar to opto (and they look like opto too, nothing like GL or Star). So I don't think this is a copy of GStar at all as a lot of people hoped/feared originally.

This sounds less like GStar and more like Innova XG or gummy champ or possibly Prodigy 400S. They say the discs are similar to opto (and they look like opto too, nothing like GL or Star). So I don't think this is a copy of GStar at all as a lot of people hoped/feared originally.

To me it sounds much more like Cryztal Flx than anything else.

Gummy opto is so good. And if this is more OS like Feldberg said, the Frost Claymore could be an amazing mid...it would just have to be more stable like a Buzzz. Either way I'm interested to feel these.

Wouldn't a Frost River be a glacier?

Looks shiny, too bad I don't have any Lat bagged.

This sounds less like GStar and more like Innova XG or gummy champ or possibly Prodigy 400S.

To me it sounds much more like Cryztal Flx than anything else.

I can confirm that it is definitely a gummy feeling Opto. Put the Frost and Opto Claymores side by side and they look pretty much identical. But feel-wise, the Opto is distinctly stiffer. The Frost is flexible but not so much that you can fold it over or anything. It feels really nice in the hand...just the right amount of give under the thumb. Can't wait to test it out and see how it flies.

I can confirm that it is definitely a gummy feeling Opto. Put the Frost and Opto Claymores side by side and they look pretty much identical. But feel-wise, the Opto is distinctly stiffer. The Frost is flexible but not so much that you can fold it over or anything. It feels really nice in the hand...just the right amount of give under the thumb. Can't wait to test it out and see how it flies.

Is there a proper release date on these yet?

Feldberg just posted a video saying late November. I don't know beyond that.

I had one show up in the mail this morning. Perk of being Team64, I guess.

Please let us know how the stability compares once you've had a chance to throw. I'm hoping for just a small tick more stable which is what Feldberg said.

Sounds like innova's JL? Not personally a fan of Jolly Launcher plastic... Didnt like how it wears in.

I've heard some of the older CE runs of XG were amazing and nearly bullet proof but I've never had my mitts on any.

I'm curious how it does with tree impacts and road rash. Do you mind throwing your brand new disc against a bunch of trees and skipping it down the street for me? (notrly.. I'll field test it myself as soon as I can :) )

Sounds like innova's JL? Not personally a fan of Jolly Launcher plastic... Didnt like how it wears in.

I've heard some of the older CE runs of XG were amazing and nearly bullet proof but I've never had my mitts on any.

I'm curious how it does with tree impacts and road rash. Do you mind throwing your brand new disc against a bunch of trees and skipping it down the street for me? (notrly.. I'll field test it myself as soon as I can :) )

JL isn't especially flexible is it? It's grippier than old slippery Champ, but I wouldn't call it gummy either.

I dont have any gummy or XG stuff, so I'm not sure what "gummy" is actually like, but looking at the current run of VIP harps that may have had some frost material blended in - GL is nothing like that. In fact my older GL has started to dry up a bit and isnt even as grippy as it once was.

These Harps appear to be super flexible.