• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: Gladiator

Haven't thrown one.
All I can say is that DD team members are searching them out.
I play with a DD team member and he has one. I watched him FH it in mild HW. He has clean form. He can smash a FH.
Seriously HSS and LSS.
Based on what I saw I doubt I could throw it.

Haven't thrown one.
All I can say is that DD team members are searching them out.
I play with a DD team member and he has one. I watched him FH it in mild HW. He has clean form. He can smash a FH.
Seriously HSS and LSS.
Based on what I saw I doubt I could throw it.

I'm sure in my hands it would be like the stamp doing battle with PeeWee Herman. 180 foot dumps.

I went from the Defender to the Gladiator. If the wind is that heavy I'm not sure you'll see that much of a difference.

Unless you get one of those grey sparkle lucid defenders.

But if you are going to do that and like the Gladiator overall...the released at GBO Feldberg "First Run" Gold Line (no they don't seem to be on DD's site but maybe email to ask if they have any left) have a notable pop top dome (the pop is loud).

There are also some sparkle Opto Gladiators available but I don't know how they compare.

I threw mine for the first time yesterday. Solid. HSS. LSS. Not a Stiletto mind you.

Didn't go as far and hooked up quicker than my Opto.

Just to disclaim the above...the GL was a 173 and obviously fresh (but I did try to take off the flashing, tried to smash it into the ground a few times...maybe only 5 minutes of "seasoning") vs a 168 Opto that I've been throwing for some time and was my primary driver at GBO

I am throwing at altitude so things are different here than where you are but I had to throw a pretty hard anhyzer to get anything out of the GL and that was into a headwind (mild one).

Held the line with no flip.

I do know the flip of which you speak as my 168 Opto did flip and turn in a very significant headwind on a casual round at GBO. That said, I think I tried to throw it too hard.

thanks mark, im going to look for a GL or moonshine if i can. the opto flies good majority of the time but when its gusty,it gets a little finicky. i had a friend throw his opto defender in the wind and it flew nice and stable,i may pick one up if i cant find a gl or moonshine gladiator to try out.

Recently DD released some new Dyemax setups and you can get GL gladiators. Has anyone tried these? Curious if these are going to be first run GL overstable or if they have tweaked it since then.

i have yet to find anyone local who has or has thrown a GL so i am curious as well. i love my opto and recently picked up a moonshine that is amazingly beefy. i hope they do some reprocessed ones in the future,i really like the mold and am surprised that its not more popular

recently picked up a moonshine that is amazingly beefy. i hope they do some reprocessed ones in the future,i really like the mold and am surprised that its not more popular

Oh awesome, I will have to give the moonshine a shot then because I have some that I can get my hands on! Hopefully they do a run of reprocessed that plastic feels great! along with a stock run of GL would be nice. I too am surprised it is not more popular, I love it and only know a few people who have even tried it, let alone those who bag them.

i have yet to find anyone local who has or has thrown a GL so i am curious as well. i love my opto and recently picked up a moonshine that is amazingly beefy. i hope they do some reprocessed ones in the future,i really like the mold and am surprised that its not more popular

That's how I felt about the Cutlass when it was released, too. Seemed like a great mold but I never heard of anybody throwing it. Then the Gladiator came out with the exact same numbers :confused:

I've seen a handful of people throw the cutlass but i feel like i'm the only person i ever see throw the gladiator locally. it feels great too,nice depth and the rim isn't overly huge. i might have to go to another mold if they aren't going to give this mold any attention though.

Now that I think of it I think McCray was bagging one for GBO so one can only hope having him and Feldy bagging them that it will gain popularity.

lack of popularity?

cause it's L64

were it a DD mold they wouldn't be able to keep up production

I've seen a handful of people throw the cutlass but i feel like i'm the only person i ever see throw the gladiator locally. it feels great too,nice depth and the rim isn't overly huge. i might have to go to another mold if they aren't going to give this mold any attention though.

There was a new guy this morning throwing them at Wilco. So that's two!

The situation would change completely if Ricky started throwing Gladiator's instead of Enforcers and Defenders. It's sort of crazy that after two world championship's Latitude hasn't really figured out how to move plastic with Ricky the way Innova can with McBeth.

I imagine part of the hoop la is that this is basically as good as the defender. But it isn't getting that kind of recognition.

Would like to see some field tests side by side to the defender.

I said to one of my fellow leaguers "What is the best Destroyer (flying to the numbers) that Trilogy makes." His response was the Defender but I was curious as to what the differences are between the Defender, Cutlass, Giant, Gladiator and Trespass. I had a Next Gen stamped Gladiator that I won as a CTP but I traded it to a buddy for a Luster Rhyno because I never thought I would throw it.

well,from my experience , the opto defender is more hss than the opto gladiator. it is most likely closer to the beefed up moonshine gladiator but just if we're just talking opto then the defender is more os. ive only thrown a few gladiators though and sometimes mine tends to hold straighter but still has the healthy fade.

There was a new guy this morning throwing them at Wilco. So that's two!

The situation would change completely if Ricky started throwing Gladiator's instead of Enforcers and Defenders. It's sort of crazy that after two world championship's Latitude hasn't really figured out how to move plastic with Ricky the way Innova can with McBeth.

nice,at least im not alone lol.

i agree though, if ricky raved about the gladiators they would be sold out and hard to find probably. im actually surprised they dont ask him to throw lat exclusively like ive heard dd asks their players to do.

i was watching wysocki's ITB and noticed he has a gladiator in the bag now. hopefully he boosts some of the popularity so they can make it in more plastics.

i was watching wysocki's ITB and noticed he has a gladiator in the bag now. hopefully he boosts some of the popularity so they can make it in more plastics.

Also noticed, maybe he's starting to cycle out the enforcers slowly? :)

Since I'm a 340' noodle I barely throw mine but I'm looking forward practicing more with those sweet long reliable hyzers.