• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Knight Distance Driver

As for flight numbers, I wonder sometimes why they don't reflect the plastic it's molded up in. Even a slightly beat in TP King turns into a flip roller at ~300 of power. I would put the TP version at 14 5 -3 2 once it gets thrown a dozen times. The VIP and Elasto don't do that and stay much more stable. Anyone who throws Trilogy plastic will tell you that there is a significant difference between Opto/GL or VIP/TP plastics - especially with even a little seasoning on them.
I know people keep saying this, but it is not the case in my experience. i agree that the GL beats in a bit faster, but the original stability is not affected by plastic (premiums only) all that much.

In my bag the GL is actually always the more OS. This applies in my case to Truth, Hatchet, Saint Pro, Trespass, King and Enforcer.

So Im not saying GL will be more os, but I dont think you can make that claim for Opto either. Weight for example has much more effect on it.

Ps. Ive been throwing only Trilogy for two years now.

They should really stop with this speed 14 business. I say work in the speed 10-11 range, those discs are $$ just overlooked. I still love the Orc and Starfire , there are enough speed 12-13 stuff, really no need for "14" I think but...meh, I liked the King

They should really stop with this speed 14 business. I say work in the speed 10-11 range, those discs are $$ just overlooked. I still love the Orc and Starfire , there are enough speed 12-13 stuff, really no need for "14" I think but...meh, I liked the King
The Speed is just a number really. The Kings, Giants and whatnot would all be Speed 13 if they'd be Innova molds.

The bigger question is, whether there is a real use in disc golf for 2.5mm rims or should the 2.3mm be enough.

On the other hand, Speed sells so there's no blaming these companies for making a product that has a demand.

Orc does not get enough love. That disc is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people keep saying this, but it is not the case in my experience. i agree that the GL beats in a bit faster, but the original stability is not affected by plastic (premiums only) all that much.

In my bag the GL is actually always the more OS. This applies in my case to Truth, Hatchet, Saint Pro, Trespass, King and Enforcer.

So Im not saying GL will be more os, but I dont think you can make that claim for Opto either. Weight for example has much more effect on it.

Ps. Ive been throwing only Trilogy for two years now.

Anecdotal of course. But all not optos for the most part start off a bit more stable than my GLs. That said, I agree with you on the Hatchets alone. Both TPs are less stable than both my VIPs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The world in opto is consdierably more os than tourney-no if and or buts.

But I have an opto saint pro that is less stable than my goldline pop tops.

It seems the gold line and opto plastic can be very similiar both feel and looks on certain runs.

For me, I know that if I'm holding a pop top Saint Pro it will be os regardless of plastic type.

I am really struggling to find a trilogy mold that is more OS in GL/TP.

Every TP disc that I also own a VIP version of, the TP gets significantly more beat in/US than the VIP. Not even close. Kings in particular. I only have a 325' arm, and I have to give my buddy an extra 170g TP King that I ended up with because I literally couldn't throw it without it flipping over like an Underworld... and I already have the UW in my bag so...

Obviously things like cooling/pop or no pop-top and weight have an impact as well... and it's not just the Trilogy stuff, but all of it. These manufacturers are putting out different plastic blends, often with vastly different properties, and they just slap the same set of numbers on it. It's no wonder that half the DG community is confused/frustrated by it, and the other half just ignores the numbers (B/C they really don't mean squat) and we've now gotten to a place where there are SO MANY discs and plastics that it's overwhelming to even a seasoned DG'er trying to figure out their next disc purchase.

One possible solution would be to have an independent, PDGA-sanctioned testing body assign the numbers to the discs when they are approved. Letting the manufacturers assign their own numbers just starts to fall under the category of "creative marketing tricks" after a while.

I'm on my 3rd culverin, all 3 have had drastically different stability levels.

First one was slightly flippy, would always stable out at end of flight, went missing on course.
Second is very flippy, breaks right on a RHBH throw and barely fades back at all.
Third has no high speed turn and dumps off to the left, much like my gstar boss.

All 3 are opto, all 3 are 168 - 175 gram, the 3rd and most OS one being 175.

Weight seems to play a huge role in trilogy disc stability, but you do lose a point or two of HSS when you go with gold, half that with recycled and gain a point or two with frost line.

They should have saved that name for a short, straight, Banshee like fairway. 2 squares forward, 1 square left. Especially if they're going to use the image of the chess piece in the stamp

Anybody still throw these? Thoughts? Seems like it might fit halfway between a Ballista and King.

Anybody still throw these? Thoughts? Seems like it might fit halfway between a Ballista and King.

I throw them all the time for max-D. I never really got along with the King, and it's been so long that I don't remember why. The few times I tried a Ballista I wasn't too impressed, but that might be due to my middling to low amount of snap.

Anyway for me the Knight is a great hyzer-flip disc with a very small amount of fade at the end. I isn't super happy with heavy headwinds. For me it throws similar to a Destiny, but a little bit longer and more consistent in its finish.

Are hybrids even available? A query of Dynamic Discs, Disc Store, and Infinite Discs shows they're pretty much only sold in Opto. DD has a few Moonshines and Infinite has two Goldlines, but otherwise it's just a bunch of Optos. Zero hybrids, at least at the usual places I shop.

Knight

I know this thread is old, but I think the Knight is worth talking about after what I saw today. I had never seen or thrown a Knight before. The one I have is Gold line (?). Disc is white and looks like regular star plastic. 174g.

Very wide, shallow rim. Wider than the rim on a Ballista even. Average dome.

Holy cow..... this disc is a freaking animal for distance. I'm not sure I've ever thrown something that provided this kind of sheer glide and penetration. The Knight is lightning fast (I'd say even faster than a Ballista, if that's possible).

Very neutral flight. With a slight hyzer release the Knight would pop up and drift right just a bit before settling in for a prolonged, glidey flat flight. The Knight seems to be release angle sensitive, and flies much better/longer on a really low line. Any time I released high the disc would stall. The Knight has perhaps the most gradual fade I've ever seen in such a fast disc. Its a penetrating, glidey fade that results in lots of bonus distance.

I wasn't noticing much side to side movement. The Knight gains tremendous distance without a ridiculous amount of S curve. Pretty much laser straight.

The Knight is another of those drivers that seems to have noticeable high speed turn without being flippy. At no point today was I losing it to the right. This disc has more stability than a Ballista. Thrown head to head the Knight was flat out SLAUGHTERING the Ballista. I hate to put it so bluntly, but its true. The Ballista seemed slower and shorter than the Knight, and was finishing well shorter with a dumpier late fade. Numerous times I'd throw the Ballista hard hyzer and have it flip over too far and go into the ground. I didn't get that one time with the Knight.

I'll go ahead and say the Knight is criminally underrated. I've never seen one before, and I never hear anyone discuss them. It basically flies like a faster Shryke or a slightly faster, beefier Ballista. I can't say I've ever thrown a disc that provided such easy, fast, straight distance. In the field today I had the Knight up against 7 other distance drivers, and it handily beat them all consistently.

Knight: 14, 5, -2, 1

Looking at the numbers I've given, one might think the Knight is flippy. I didn't find that at all. The disc will turn, but not flip. It has a super long, soft fade too. This literally could be the holy grail of sheer distance drivers. I had multiple 450'+ bombs with the Knight today that were going 20' or more further than everything else I was throwing it against. I've thrown at least 10 Ballistas, and this Knight today was longer than all of them.

The Knight isn't hard to throw. It doesn't take remarkable armspeed to get the disc up to speed. I'd recommend this disc to pretty much anyone looking to gain some yardage. It provides massive open field yardage, and will often end up further along than you'd think. I can't wait to throw this disc some more when the weather warms a bit.

IMO the Knight is what the Freedom wanted to be. Same speed, but the Knight flies 50000 times better and isn't flippy junk.

It's been one of my favorite high speed drivers since it came out. I've only thrown opto and I find it to be a bit flippy, especially in headwinds, so it needs some hyper-flip magic. The innova corvette and mvp relativity/teleport are the only ones I've thrown recently that match it.

Last edited:
It's been one of my favorite high speed drivers since it came out. I've only thrown opto and I find it to be a bit flippy, especially in headwinds, so it needs some hyper-flip magic. The innova corvette and mvp relativity/teleport are the only ones I've thrown recently that match it.

Corvette for me was MUCH more overstable and had a lot less glide than the Knight. I figure I'm at LEAST 30' shorter with the Corvette. Relativity is much closer. The Knight was barely edging by it for me. Relativity was also flippier.

I've thrown 2 star Corvettes, and I found both of them surprisingly beefy and somewhat glideless. Thus, they weren't as long as I was hoping for.

Corvette for me was MUCH more overstable and had a lot less glide than the Knight. I figure I'm at LEAST 30' shorter with the Corvette. Relativity is much closer. The Knight was barely edging by it for me. Relativity was also flippier.

I've thrown 2 star Corvettes, and I found both of them surprisingly beefy and somewhat glideless. Thus, they weren't as long as I was hoping for.

For me they are all about the same distance. But I'm not very good at this whole disc golf thing. :doh:

I am very interested in getting a knight after reading all this...I too found the star Corvette kind of less than exciting...I am just loving my ballista opto pro these days...definitely get turn and they tend to hang out to the right..have been throwing mcbeth destroyers when ant wind...but monster understable bombers Ire as lly get me ..will the knight be flippy if I am turning ballista pros..nuke flx and bosses....I are love katanas for hyzer flips and blizz bosses......I think knight for long flippups
Sounds good.

I love my knight. It's my bookend least overstable driver. I use it for max distance rollers, massive hyzer flips, and tailwind bombs. That being said, it's still controllable enough to use to nut a hallway in the woods or what ever line you need once you learn the flip up.

I liken it to a faster valkyrie. Smooth power throwers will love to hyzerflip it, torque monsters will roll it.

Latest posts