• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

^that sounds exactly what i have been thinking with the mace. I think lat hit this one out of the park. I like the rounded bottom, reminds me of MVP mids in that sense. The bead flows nicely too. Not usually fond of beads but the mace is comfy. I hope they keep coming out like these first runs. THey are good looking discs.

I thought after reading initial reports that this would slot in between Pain and Core, but it sounds like it is more OS than the Pain even.

It's been a year or more since I threw the pain but the mace did seem more stable to me, it handled the wind much better as well. Could have just been form flaws I had and just remembering it turning over or even wind but I'll stick by my statement until I can compare.

well i have been throwing z hornets since i tested them against the pain when it was released, which i found both to be very similar. the maces aren't as overstable as the hornets when comparing fresh new discs. maybe pains are no longer as overstable as i remember. i will have no issue with overlap after a few rounds keeping the hornets, maces, and comets. my favorite core will overlap with the zero mace so i fully anticipate separation anxiety come middle May. heh

definitely no need to hang onto these ghosts anymore. sorry legacy, i tried.

Yeah the mace bumped the ghosts out too. Tick more stable and GL plastic :) Now I'm just testing the Mace against the M3 for the stable midrange slot. Both have really nice feel.

Last edited:
This thread made me order another mace, this time a purple one, crossing my fingers it's the crazy blurple I have seen. After my first field session I was hooked. Ghosts and pains are gonna go by the wayside. All hail the powerful mace!!

primediscs.com has a few of these in stock. I just picked up two 175g gl to compare to my Roc3s

I won't lie, I'll be kind of sad if this breaks in to boot the Warship but I'm excited to finally get some miles on it the next couple days.

After a handful of rounds with the gl mace, I am warming up to it. I carry a heavy vip warship for straight/light fade shots and the mace is a decent companion. It can handle headwinds easily and has a reliable strong fade making it easier to range. I have some older dx rocs that are literally hard as rocks and good kc pro stable and the mace is a lot like them all be it a little shorter in distance potential. It glides very well and fades more forward than I would expect for a stable/overstable midrange.

Threw the Zero Mace twice today, hit two trees. Received two nasty dings to the rim. Little less faith in the durability (and myself).

My hard pure looks like it has been used for a year and I've only used it 6 rounds. I'm not driving, just approaching, so no bends just tons of deep scrapes and dents from rocks and baskets. Hard zero is scarring up a lot like ez plastic did and that's the main reason I didn't like EZ.

The Latitude base plastic tend to scar up quickly, but usually it is just cosmetic and doesn't impact the flight. Now that first run of test material would get deep gauges and gashes that really sucked. But the putters I have had all seemed fine as far as throwing goes.

For me it's a feel issue, not a flight issue with the plastic beating up. The rub along the bottom of my fingers on the release can be a little wonky when they hit a gouge in the plastic.

i.e. I have soft, dainty hands

can someone post a side profile pic of the mace? or possibly link me to an existing one? i'm curious about the rim shape..

I posted a profile pic a few posts back.

My rim got some nasty gouges from a tree hit. Just felt a lot tougher than that to me. I've never used TM2/EZE outside of putting so I didn't have much experience with it. Maybe I'll try the GL.

Profile pics on page 18.

I posted a profile pic a few posts back.

My rim got some nasty gouges from a tree hit. Just felt a lot tougher than that to me. I've never used TM2/EZE outside of putting so I didn't have much experience with it. Maybe I'll try the GL.

Profile pics on page 18.

thanks!

Latest posts