• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

DGC just got a load of GL Burst Rivers in.

Burst. And charging those additional Burst prices. I'm not playing DD's game. If they can't make regular (not-Burst) Rivers, then I see no reason to buy... especially that ugly pattern they're actually charging extra for. Sheesh.

Burst. And charging those additional Burst prices. I'm not playing DD's game. If they can't make regular (not-Burst) Rivers, then I see no reason to buy... especially that ugly pattern they're actually charging extra for. Sheesh.

Burst is the same price as old Gold Line was...

They've basically replaced Gold line and it's equivalents with GL Burst

I find the latest wave of GL Bursts some of the more interesting looking discs I've seen, in a good way. That other companies are now imitating it leads me to believe that a lot of folks like the way they look.

I find the latest wave of GL Bursts some of the more interesting looking discs I've seen, in a good way. That other companies are now imitating it leads me to believe that a lot of folks like the way they look.

That may be the case. DD certainly has gone 'all in' on that pattern.

Got my hands on one of the Chameleon Opto-X Grim Reapers a couple days early. What gorgeous plastic & awesome stamp.

River.jpg

Compared to the Devan Owens Rivers, this one appears to have a touch less dome & slightly lower PLH.

Got my hands on one of the Chameleon Opto-X Grim Reapers a couple days early. What gorgeous plastic & awesome stamp.

River.jpg

Compared to the Devan Owens Rivers, this one appears to have a touch less dome & slightly lower PLH.

Poor color choice though being that green to blue and purple color. Looks really cool though.

Finally got out and threw it today alongside a fresh Devan Owens Opto-X Sparkle and an S-FD. Seemed to be right between the two in terms of stability, probably a bit closer to the DO River (i.e. a touch more fade at the end).

Just wanted to say I lost my #1 fairway driver today. I've tested tons of discs and nothing comes close to it. It was a 166g swirly digital weight gold line river. Not the metallic gold line but the solid colored opaque gold line. Left it sitting in the fairway on 18 yesterday when I was running in a 150' throw in. <3 R.I.P

I always wanted to try out the River, but never really did until I found two nice and gummy new GL ones that I just had to get. They are pretty domey, but the plastic was so soft and grippy that I just couldn't pass on them.

Took them to the course the other day and was pretty shocked how they flew. They definitely had the glide everyone is raving about, but they were super stable. I flew by a 320ft hole with absolutely zero flip or turn. They even held into some head wind without any turn.

They do have quite a bit of flashing at the bottom, so I expect them to straighten out once that wears off but boy they are mean right now. That being said, one went right into the bag and I can't wait to see how they develop as they get some more mileage.

I have a 168g Gold Line River that has been my mainstay for several years. It's flight is just exactly as you described. I also have a couple of Opto plastic Rivers but they just don't fly the same. And you are right, the Gold Line River will find some decent wind. Oh, also, that Gold Line plastic is some really durable stuff, mine has really taken a beating.

Last edited:
Has anyone tossed a Gold Ice River and can comment on it's flight/stability?

I've had a Frost River for a long long time but I'm afraid to lose it as the other Rivers I've tried haven't been quite the same. The last Opto and Gold I bought a couple years ago were just a bit too flippy compared to the Frost.

I always wanted to try out the River, but never really did until I found two nice and gummy new GL ones that I just had to get. They are pretty domey, but the plastic was so soft and grippy that I just couldn't pass on them.

Took them to the course the other day and was pretty shocked how they flew. They definitely had the glide everyone is raving about, but they were super stable. I flew by a 320ft hole with absolutely zero flip or turn. They even held into some head wind without any turn.

They do have quite a bit of flashing at the bottom, so I expect them to straighten out once that wears off but boy they are mean right now. That being said, one went right into the bag and I can't wait to see how they develop as they get some more mileage.
Can't believe it's been almost two years since I put the River in the bag. It's been a workhorse FD for me ever since and just keeps on getting better.

As I predicted, the disc became straighter and straighter as the flashing kept wearing off. Now it's in a point where I can give it a touch of hyzer and the thing goes dead straight as Rivers tend to do. Still not a flippy disc by any means with 330' throws but a very controllable fairway.

I pair Rivers with Explorers and love the setup.

If Lat hadnt stopped making Frost Rivers I'd still be throwing them.

I just found my Frost Saint, which is going right back in the bag to trial against an OLS and a Falk.

Frost plastic is something else. I have a Claymore in frost that is one of my favorites. Just wish that it was a different color, mine is very hard for my aged eyes to see at times.

Got myself two Opto Ice Orbit Rivers and they are both super domey, just like the O'Reilly Gold Orbit ones. They are glidey for sure, but something about a super domey disc and how it looks in the air just bothers me, not to mention the grip that feels just weird.

My purple one seems to be at least pretty stable so I will leave it in the bag. The pink one was pretty straight right out of the box. The Gold Orbit that started similar and got flippy quick.

I don't know if also the new stock runs are this domey, but if they are I'll have to start hunting for older runs.

I bought a River to myself in last summer, it came in opto plastic.
And i propably never going to get as crappy fairway driver, ever.

I'll explain; in my mind river is the most picky fd, at least what i have thrown.
It's very understable disc, and it needs a lot of hyzer if you wan't to throw these things so that they don't turn and burn immediately after it leaves your hand. At least in this 400' arm that i have.

But it is very very picky, if you put one degree too much hyzer to this disc, it just goes to the left kind of a sweeping hyzer style, and if you put one degree too little hyzer to River it will turn too much and burn.

And same thing goes when u think about angle of attack a.k.a nose angle. If it is one degree nose up position when it leaves your hand it will be way more overstable than it is with just one degree more nose down.

Same kind of fairway drivers that i have are F5, Stag, Leopard3, Saint, Escape and so on, F5 is kind of a same stability range that River is, but it is way more reliable disc, and it is not so damn picky at the angles. Stag is same thing, Leopard3 is more overstable and way more reliable, Saint is in my mind kind of picky also, but nothing like River, Escape is also more stable and is not so picky at the angles

I bought a River to myself in last summer, it came in opto plastic.
And i propably never going to get as crappy fairway driver, ever.

I'll explain; in my mind river is the most picky fd, at least what i have thrown.
imho, the issue with Rivers is the mold inconsistency. You can pick up a new River and it can be pretty much anything out of the box.

The one I've bagged for two years is a bit on the flatter side (for a River) and when new went 350' with zero flip up. After some time it beat into an absolutely dead straight FD and now it has the slightest amount of turn. My favorite shot is to throw it flat maybe 20' left of my target and let it drift a touch and land flat every time.

For me this individual is the most consistent FD to throw, but finding a back up has been a struggle. I think a good River is the ultimate "holds the line you put it on" disc and to this day I have not thrown a driver with as little fade.

Latest posts