• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Stilletto

The crazy Chicago wind, this weekend, got me thinking. None of my discs stood a chance going straight at it. Enforcer went 75 feet. Firebird 100. Nuke ended up 20 feet behind me.

Anyone bag one of these? Or at least bag one on a windy day?

Stiletto

I threw an opto Stiletto today. 170g. As expected, serious beef. It was a bit windy today and the Stiletto seemed unaffected. Even into a 20 MPH headwind it wouldn't flatten out and go. The Stiletto is extremely fast and about as overstable a disc as you'll see anywhere. It has a very flat top and a wide rim. Reminded me a lot of a faster Flick.

The Stiletto comes out of your hand well, but hooks off almost immediately and looks for the ground. It has one of the hardest fades I've ever seen on a disc and hits the ground viciously hard. I was able to get it over 300', but not a lot further. The Stiletto is a chore to throw and has no glide. Head to head with the Flick the Stiletto was more overstable and shorter. It made my champion XCal look like a Shryke. The XCal would flatten out and even turn a little in the wind today. The Stiletto never came close.

Stiletto: 14, 3, +1, 5. Yes, I gave it +1 on high speed turn. The Stiletto won't fly flat at any point. It comes out of your hand and immediately hooks out. The only way to get any distance out of a Stiletto is to throw it hard and high and let it slice through the air.

Still, though. The disc flies as advertised. I don't have need for such a disc, but the Stiletto works. EXTREMELY overstable. In the realm of the Nuke OS. The Stiletto did work well sidearm. Torque it all you want.

This disc is for guys who play in heavy wind consistently or simply need a special disc for severe hook shots. It will NOT go far. Not adequate for any sort of distance driving.

Very nice review, I will stay away unless someone hands me one as a joke :sick:

Yeah, just know what you're getting into there. In the hand the Stiletto feels overstable. It doesn't disappoint. I'd like to think I throw pretty hard and far, and I couldn't get the Stiletto to level out and go. On a scale of 1-10 (1 is flippy and 10 is super overstable) I'd give this a 10.

Latest posts