• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

refriedjay

I'd be curious to know how many of you throw the Trident. For me, its perfect for 200-250ft. I contacted Latitude to find out if they'd be making a Test Material Trident, since my D-Zone breaks in so well and flies super straight when banged up a bit, I figured a test-material Trident would be amazing.

Thoughts? Any trident lovers out there, or am I the only one?

Who needs a test material fuse... seriously? I can't imagine what a beat up fuse would do. It'd be like a boomerang.

I just added the Trident to my bag for the exact same thing. It's a great short range meathook driver. It's quickly shoving the Drone out as a short backhand hyzer disc.

I'd be curious to know how many of you throw the Trident. For me, its perfect for 200-250ft. I contacted Latitude to find out if they'd be making a Test Material Trident, since my D-Zone breaks in so well and flies super straight when banged up a bit, I figured a test-material Trident would be amazing.

Thoughts? Any trident lovers out there, or am I the only one?

Who needs a test material fuse... seriously? I can't imagine what a beat up fuse would do. It'd be like a boomerang.

ME. Best right turning mid I've ever thrown. As for the Trident, well, never threw it. I carried a XXX for a long time for FH & short BH that needed a big skip

The Trident for me was like a glorified Drone in supreme plastic. However, since it could not get driver distance I converted to the XXX. What the Trident did best was thumbers. Its blunt nose would cause it to hit the ground, flop like a fish, but never bounce it more than six or so feet from the point of impact. Most other discs I have tried throwing thumbers with had a tendency to get up on edge and roll. Not the Trident and the XXX.

I had a trident for awhile til i left it on the course :wall:
Fit about the same spot as my banshee so it wasn't a huge loss.

I had a trident that I lost as well. It constantly fought with my Z drones for the spot in my bag. About the same distance, same ridiculous skip potential.

I have a few forehanding buddies that swear by them. The XXX has a straight flight with hard fade, where as the Trident starts the fade action much sooner. I have a new flat top 12x Firebird that acts like the Trident or I'd get one. The Trident has quite a skip to it.

I don't know if I have a freak Trident or XXX, but my XXX is waaaaay more overstable than my Trident. My Trident flies pretty straight then has its fade at the end, almost like a new Champ Teebird.

I don't remember who explained it to me, but it was right - the Trident (or mine, at least) flies in the shape of a tall L, whereas the XXX flies in a curved shape, like a C.

I don't know if I have a freak Trident or XXX, but my XXX is waaaaay more overstable than my Trident. My Trident flies pretty straight then has its fade at the end, almost like a new Champ Teebird.

I don't remember who explained it to me, but it was right - the Trident (or mine, at least) flies in the shape of a tall L, whereas the XXX flies in a curved shape, like a C.

Most likely a freak. I beat the hell out of my Trident from all the thumbers I threw with it and I have to lay into it with some considerable over the top OAT to make it fly straight (or at least the appearance of it) for any period of time. Because it does not glide as well as the XXX, I did not like doing this because most of the time I am just throwing it into the ground. What it was best at was spike hyzering for placement, not distance.

GL or Opto for each?

I've found the GL to be less stable than Opto, at least as far as the XXX is concerned.

A few things:

1. You can definitely break-in a Trident. The GL plastic will break in and fly perfectly straight, even almost under-stable if you really rip it. (Which brings back up the need for a Test Material version)

2. Same thing with the XXX. I see the Trident and XXX as definite family members. XXX is great too.

3. Agreed, on Opto v. Gold Line. The Opto is much more over-stable. First time I threw a XXX I hated it, giant meat hook. As I worked with it, and got used to it, I've found it to be extremely predictable.

4. As a Forehand thrower, the Drone doesn't come out of my hand like a Trident does. I'd just assume throw a Zone over a drone any day of the week.

5. XXX and Trident are both much better than the blitz.

I love my 168 Opto Trident. If i release it smooth it is a very predictable meat hook, if I get after it a bit it will hold a strait line for 250' and then finish with a nice big ol' skip. Definitively has a place in my bag!

How does the Trident compare to a Banshee? Banshees are my go-to for 300-360 with any fade needed, but I really love Opto plastic and would easily convert without hesitation if I thought it could replace that shot.

How does the Trident compare to a Banshee? Banshees are my go-to for 300-360 with any fade needed, but I really love Opto plastic and would easily convert without hesitation if I thought it could replace that shot.
i would say trident is a bit more stable then a banshee. pretty close though. the trident in opto will stay beefy for about 128 years because the plastic is just that good.

Opto good for 128 years???? What are you doing to it man??!!! Stop abusing it! Should be 200 with proper care.:D

The Trident is my trick shot disc. I use it for left and right turns (RHBH and LHBH), spike hyzers, forehand approaches, thumbers, tomahawks, huge headwind drives and approaches, extreme hyzer putting, and the occasional forhand roller. I generally use my XXX when I need some distance on my backhand drives that are into a headwind or need a huge fade.

Whenever I determine that the shot calls for a Trident or XXX, I nail the shot 9 out of 10 times because the discs are that consistent. The only thing that sucks is that there are less than a handful of times when I need these shots during a round.

When I went to an all Latitude bag last year, it was hard to do without the Drone. The drone was my dependable wind approach shot. Therefore, I started using the Trident in the situation that I would use the Drone. Over time, I found out that the Trident is more dependable and more flexible. It took some getting used to the Trident as it is not the same disc as the Drone, but it can perform the same type of shots with some practice.

Another thread back from the dead. Sorry, but at least I am using the search function!

Looking at the Trident as a possible utility disc for overhands and skip shots. Any advice on what weight to snag one in? I generally throw drivers in the 164-168 range, but I am not sure how this one will behave at that weight. Gracias.

Latest posts