• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

I Like my drivers at the same weight, i went 172 on a gold line trident, and I am stoked on this thing. Beefy but workable. I think you will be fine with your current weights, this thing is beefy and will stay that way. Opto will be super duper beef and gold line will be super beef. Loving the trident!!

Thanks! It looks like we have a lot of similar tastes in discs. You should kick that Leo out of your bag for a River!

Thanks! It looks like we have a lot of similar tastes in discs. You should kick that Leo out of your bag for a River!
I tried and can inter change them, but... the leo does so much better on lower lines and for me is less squirley. I still have a stack of rivers for when i feel like it but my leos always win out. I did not throw lat for quite a while last year and beginning of this year, but they have made a return to the bag and my game is better for it. but sorry long live the mighty leopard!!!

I just picked up a 170 GL Trident to try out. Used to have a 172 but didn't find a spot in the bag. I'm going to give it another shot.

I wanted a 165-168, but damn it was hard to locate one in that weight!

I just picked up a 170 GL Trident to try out. Used to have a 172 but didn't find a spot in the bag. I'm going to give it another shot.

Disc Nation has quite a few in that weight right now...Opto, at least.

I was thinking that the trident would be stupid stable. It is only dumb stable! straight with a hard fade. This trident will now be my only super stale disc in the bag. It powers own well and is kind of like my chip shot disc. overhand, hyzer, hard left. done and done. mmmmm trident, not your daddy's gum anymore!!!

Prime/Disc nation has some optos in that weight. I just ordered a 164 opto from dgc.

I still vote xXx over Trident. Threw a Trident before and found lightweight GL XXX's to be more versatile.

The Trident was good at getting lost. :p

I still vote xXx over Trident. Threw a Trident before and found lightweight GL XXX's to be more versatile.

The Trident was good at getting lost. :p

Well damn. I just bought a Trident before you posted this.

Oh well. I guess I will just have to buy an XXX if I lose the Trident. Shucks, more Latitude.

Buddy of mine gave me a 170g opto trident and I'm loving the heck out of it! Personally I don't see the point of a GL or lower weight one as the whole purpose of the disc is to be as beefy as possible (and therefore predictable). It's great for wooded shots where you HAVE to go straight then fade, and if thrown low it won't skip too far once it runs out of steam. Line drive, cut left, sit.

Buddy of mine gave me a 170g opto trident and I'm loving the heck out of it! Personally I don't see the point of a GL or lower weight one as the whole purpose of the disc is to be as beefy as possible (and therefore predictable). It's great for wooded shots where you HAVE to go straight then fade, and if thrown low it won't skip too far once it runs out of steam. Line drive, cut left, sit.

I ended up grabbing a 167 Opto. I envision using it for overhand a lot, because my new home course has left me with quite a few of those shots lately. Hoping it will retain the same overstability it is known for, even sub-170.

I prefer the Gold Line over the Opto. Gold Line is still stable enough to fight but get's more distance. I bought the Trident after losing my Predator. So far I have not regretted that decision.

I prefer the Gold Line over the Opto. Gold Line is still stable enough to fight but get's more distance. I bought the Trident after losing my Predator. So far I have not regretted that decision.

It's all about the forced flex shot with the heavier optos for distance. They'll never be open field drivers, but for 300ft and less drives you can flex em with up to 45 degrees of anny and they'll still come back every time. A thing of predictable beauty.

Yeppers, I keep a couple tridents in my bag at all times. This is one disc that haven't even thought about possible replacements. It just doesn't disappoint. When you let go you know where it's going. Perfect!

Yeah, I have an Opto in my bag that fits every slot from a super overstable mid to a predictably overstable fairway driver, and every flick/thumber/overhand need in between. I love knowing it's in my bag. I've also used it for extremely gusty putting before.

Best utility disc in my bag right now

Wind/fh/bh/oh - Trident don't care

I ordered a Trident after reading a lot of reviews. My take is it's essentially a mid-range/slower version of a Firebird. The wings look really similar, Trident having a more blunt nose.

I bought a GL because I love the red colorshift. But I do wish I'd gotten an Opto. The GL is overstable without a doubt, but it's not John Wayne Gacy angry overstable like I'd hoped. Still, it's in the bag and getting used a lot.

I throw a lot of FH rollers for escape shots and such. The Trident is money for that. The blunt nose makes it ride forever.

The GL is overstable without a doubt, but it's not John Wayne Gacy angry overstable like I'd hoped.

Tasteless...but I laughed anyhow
I guess that is even more OS than Ed Gein OS?

You might hafta dye this on it now
1135.jpg

Latest posts