• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leaning out the bag

MikeB18

I have bought discs(Sometimes as impulses) and have received them as gifts and looking to figure where my redundancies are. I would like some help with pointing out where some people think my discs are too similar. [I could just look at flight numbers, and go solely by that but I know some discs close in numbers fly quite a bit different]
This way with discs I do not like and disc that are redundant can be Sold/Gifted/loaned.

Going to list non max-d and putters only, because I am very solid on my choices for both [so far].

Prodigy H3
Lat 64 Saint
DD Escape
Lat 64 Diamond
DC Xpress
Vibram Valley
Innova Teebird
DC Zombee
DC Buzzz (OS and SS also)
Innova Roc
Innova V Roc
DC Comet
Lat 64 Maul
Prodigy M4

Thank you to anyone for your aid.
I will say by numbers the valley and zombee is my most obvious issue to me. I love my Valley, have two of them. I have not really liked the zombee.

And before any serious decision is made I am also going to test out my discs and go head to head to figure which I prefer to keep.

This may be better in the Bag Suggestions & Feedback subforum.

You might get more responses there, but rather than redundancies and numbers, throw what feels best and flies best for you. I will say it'd help too, to know what kind of lines you try to achieve with the discs you're listing, that might not just help us, but also help you see what you're doing with these discs and find ones that overlap.

Saint and escape fly the same for me.
I carry would carry the Buzzz, Buzzz os, and comet.
Unless you get some turn out of the Buzzz SS.
Then use it instead of the comet.
maul and diamonds have over lap.
(I carry a diamond as a utility)
The maul and teebird would pair up very well.
I am not familiar with all of the discs listed, but that's my recommendation

Appreciate The move! and Thank you mattc, good advice.
Well had a really bad game today... No more Diamond or Xpress... Whoops.

Here's a question only you can answer:
Are there any times you see a specific line and go I could throw this OR this and get the exact same result on the same release angle, etc? if so theres some over lap.

As for my advice: (im not familiar with all the drivers so Ill stick to the mids)
As mattc said you dont need buzz, buzzss, buzzos, roc, vroc, and a comet

buzz os, buzz and buzz ss would do roc, vroc could work roc buzz, or roc comet

I like to have an overstable and a straight to understable disc in each category some like to have overstable, straight and understable

Take all of those discs and if you have a big enough bag and just play with them all for a week or two. Take note of which ones you trust and go to more often than any others. Remember, it's better to be able to do a lot with as few discs as possible. Just filter it down that way.

Thanks everyone for the tips!

So i leaned it out, I am just trying to decide if I want Roc, Buzzz or Truths (Want to get EMAC Truths) as my main mid.

My bag now is (mainly max weights):
Putters- Wizards and a stego
Mids- Truth (right now, deciding) and Justice
Fairway- Teebird, Valley, River and Maul. A bit similar with the valley, River and maul but deciding which I like the most.
Distance- PD's and a Solace

Latest posts