• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Leaving discs on the course

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Anyone purposely leave discs on the course for others to find? I end up finding a lot of discs on the course and in lakes. Often I'll clean them up and take them to the course to see how they fly. Occasionally I'll end up with junkers that simply aren't going to make the cut. I'll throw them and leave them where they land.

Anyone else do that? I figure at least someone can benefit from the discs I reject.

If I find a disc on the course with no contact info, I'll usually ask around once, then leave it in the practice basket. I don't really need any more stuff I'll never throw.

I leave discs on the course all the time. I leave them in the fairway and I leave them off in the rough. I've even been known to leave a putter in the basket every once in a while. Unfortunately, it's never intentional.

If I find a disc on the ground and it has a number on it and its a mold I dont/wont throw, I leave it where I found it.

If a disc has a number or contact info, I'll call it. If not, I'll try it out. If I don't like it, I'll pay it forward and give it to someone to help introduce them to the game. I don't leave discs on the course, unless the person I contact asks me to leave it somewhere there.

If a disc has a number or contact info, I'll call it. If not, I'll try it out. If I don't like it, I'll pay it forward and give it to someone to help introduce them to the game. I don't leave discs on the course, unless the person I contact asks me to leave it somewhere there.

I did the same, gave a disc to my mom a 10 or 11 time KC Pro Aviar in rainbow with white/off white color to disc I found on the course a 174 or 175 gram disc. She used the Classic Aviar and I though this disc could be something she might want to try at some point. I use Magnets, Jawbreakers and one old hard Pro D stiff pre 2006 model I got from my brother in 2006 he used it for a month in his quest for a putter, The old hard Pro D stiff pre 2006 model is my windier putter to the point it is too windy and I have to use a Shark either my old Pro plastic one or my Star model both 175 grams.

Last edited:
If it's got no number, i give it to a player who is new and in need of said disc. If it's inappropriate for new players I trade it for DX Rocs and give those to new players.

There have been times I've thrown a disc (usually something I'm trying out) & it has gone astray. If that disc does not make its' presence known in a timely manner, I will call off the search & release that disc to the world. Obviously that disc did not feel we belonged together so it got itself lost in the hopes it would find someone else who could throw it properly.

There have been times I've thrown a disc (usually something I'm trying out) & it has gone astray. If that disc does not make its' presence known in a timely manner, I will call off the search & release that disc to the world. Obviously that disc did not feel we belonged together so it got itself lost in the hopes it would find someone else who could throw it properly.

This is pretty much what I do. If I bring something out and it isn't impressing me I'll generally leave it wherever it lands.

If I find a disc with no name or number it gets tossed in the nearest trash receptacle. If it has a name and number I call the police. I hate litterbugs. :p

If I find a disc with no name or number and it is not a disc that I would throw, I just take it to the next basket and leave it lay in the tray. Not littering and maybe makes it easier for the owner to find or let someone take it who will use it.

A few scenarios for me:
-If a disc has number, I call it and hide the disc on the course for the owner to come back for it. (trying to arrange a meet up is too much of a hassle)
-If I find an unmarked disc, I leave it sitting on that holes basket.
-Every once in awhile I will get so fed up with a disc I own or have a disc I will never throw, I will write nice note on it and leave it in a basket to be purposefully found.

Yea, I agree.. that's just littering.

Its hardly littering. The discs get gobbled up by all the people playing. Now, if I purposely tossed them into lakes THAT would be littering.

Besides, its fun to find random discs on the course. I see zero problem leaving a few out there once in a while.

No, you've decided it's trash and left it.

That's littering.

I did that once with a disc, a new Pro D Magnet that was one of the pre 2006 Stiff models. I accidentally left the disc in the basket at a tournament and a week later I told the guy who found the disc to keep it since in 2008 they only had the non stiff models being made and he used the Pro D hard and loved the disc. Bad choice of loosing the disc. That stiff Pro D Magnet was the older one I had was the 3 chain with disc going to basket stamp, not a transitional Hard Pro D Magnet one with the stamp the Magnet in Pro D have now but a bit older with the little disc flying to the basket at the bottom and was still a stiff model that was my brothers old Magnet he used for a month and is mine now. I still miss that old stiff Magnet that I got in 2007 new as the last of the old stiff Magnets at a store. The old stiff Magnet was tough selling as it was a disc that just got lost on the back of the Disc Rack, the color of red mud did not help sell the disc either. Most players that used a Magnet at the time used a soft Pro D Magnet to putt with.

My brother settled on a beat to fly straight DX Gator he still uses as his putter, has a new looking just before flight numbers DX Gator as an approach disc and a MF Champion Gator he uses as a driving putter and a Woods approach disc.

Long story short I left a disc just under a year old at Tournament because the guy running the Clash at Corn, Palace Travis Blase made the rules for Mandos so confusing you had to be a local to know what tree or bush he was talking about. I was frazzled over if we made the mando, it was never marked to which or what the mandos were thus left disc in the basket by accident for the tournament.

Last edited:

Latest posts