• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Leaving discs on the course

I did that once with a disc, a new Pro D Magnet that was one of the pre 2006 Stiff models. I accidentally left the disc in the basket at a tournament and a week later I told the guy who found the disc to keep it since in 2008 they only had the non stiff models being made and he used the Pro D hard and loved the disc. Bad choice of loosing the disc. That stiff Pro D Magnet was the older one I had was the 3 chain with disc going to basket stamp, not a transitional Hard Pro D Magnet one with the stamp the Magnet in Pro D have now but a bit older with the little disc flying to the basket at the bottom and was still a stiff model that was my brothers old Magnet he used for a month and is mine now. I still miss that old stiff Magnet that I got in 2007 new as the last of the old stiff Magnets at a store. The old stiff Magnet was tough selling as it was a disc that just got lost on the back of the Disc Rack, the color of red mud did not help sell the disc either. Most players that used a Magnet at the time used a soft Pro D Magnet to putt with.

My brother settled on a beat to fly straight DX Gator he still uses as his putter, has a new looking just before flight numbers DX Gator as an approach disc and a MF Champion Gator he uses as a driving putter and a Woods approach disc.

Long story short I left a disc just under a year old at Tournament because the guy running the Clash at Corn, Palace Travis Blase made the rules for Mandos so confusing you had to be a local to know what tree or bush he was talking about. I was frazzled over if we made the mando, it was never marked to which or what the mandos were thus left disc in the basket by accident for the tournament.

Fascinating

I should have been more clear, I was the recipient. It was kinda like Breaking Bad, "The first two are free..."

Is there a gateway drug for discs?(And don't tell me the Wizard. Haha.) I was thinking some driver that will wow the thrower with unimagined distance. Like, "Wow! It went 150 ft!" The 150 gm Avenger SS strikes again. Hooked.

yeah I had a disc that was OK, but not one I wanted to keep for any particular reason. I left it with a note saying "Congrats you found a free disc" so that it was clear what it was.

Is there a gateway drug for discs?(And don't tell me the Wizard. Haha.) I was thinking some driver that will wow the thrower with unimagined distance. Like, "Wow! It went 150 ft!" The 150 gm Avenger SS strikes again. Hooked.

Everyone is different so one mans Nuke or Buzz won't be another mans Roc or Destroyer!

A local disc shop would leave discs in baskets with a note stamped in them that said to bring it in and get a free disc and a discount on your next purchase. I actually found several of them, but only kept the first one.