• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ledgstone 2021 Discs

I left it up to my daughter since I just left the classic "Father's Day is coming up" hint, but I should be getting an ESP Cyclone and I'd be shocked if she ordered one of those and didn't get an ESP Stratus for herself. So my giveaway for there being an ESP Cyclone for me on Father's Day is if an ESP Stratus turns up in her bag in the next week or so.
Interwebz foul for quoting myself, but the daughter just sent me a picture of the holographic heart stamp on the ESP Ledgestone Stratus she got so...Happy Father's Day to me!

My findings from my field work with the TI swirly wasp. I thought since it's TI it would be more stable than a stock z. Oh boy I was wrong. This disc is pretty much a buzzz. Tons of glide and minimal fade. I can throw it hard and flat and it will surpass all my mids and land where my fairways land. Thinking about plugging this in and take away buzzz. My mids would be a fresh z, beat z, ti swirl and JB wasp.

Interwebz foul for quoting myself, but the daughter just sent me a picture of the holographic heart stamp on the ESP Ledgestone Stratus she got so...Happy Father's Day to me!

it pretty much flies like a Stratus btw, at least mine does :clap:

I only had one of each but to me the Talon was more OS and shorter than the Reaper which was a bit like a PD.

You will have to let us know what the Venom flies like, I almost caved on one of those also.

Reporting in on the Venom, the disc Itself feels great in the hand, like a less pronounced / slightly smaller and rounded nuke rim. Pretty flat topped, but boy I thought these were supposed to be stable. Thrown flat RHBH this this just wanted to slowly drift right the whole time. Thrown hard enough I could hyzerflip it around 400'.

I wonder if these are how the old venoms flew? Or maybe I got a slight Frankenstein?

The Talon I got is very similar to the old Z own I had really nicely slightly OS with the ability to skip or have less depending on angle.

The Talon I got is very similar to the old Z own I had really nicely slightly OS with the ability to skip or have less depending on angle.

I really enjoyed how the talon flew. Like a more stable / slower raptor. Very controllable, doesn't need as much juice as a machete, and will skip less.

Unique disc for sure, I bagged it. The cryZtal sting feels nice and stiff in hand, but still is pretty under stable out of the box, easy hyzerflips, great glide.

I really enjoyed how the talon flew. Like a more stable / slower raptor. Very controllable, doesn't need as much juice as a machete, and will skip less.

Unique disc for sure, I bagged it. The cryZtal sting feels nice and stiff in hand, but still is pretty under stable out of the box, easy hyzerflips, great glide.

Totally agree, I don't know if it is a harder disc to mold but I feel like it may have been ahead of its time. They should think about bringing this one back. As many people are throwing forehand these days it could be a very good seller.

When does wave 3 get released? I want that tour series Buzzz os.

Reporting in on the Venom, the disc Itself feels great in the hand, like a less pronounced / slightly smaller and rounded nuke rim. Pretty flat topped, but boy I thought these were supposed to be stable. Thrown flat RHBH this this just wanted to slowly drift right the whole time. Thrown hard enough I could hyzerflip it around 400'.

I wonder if these are how the old venoms flew? Or maybe I got a slight Frankenstein?

A pal got 4, watched him throw several and tried one myself. Very flat wing, hyzer flips for sure. Can't report on old runs but these were all as you described in feel and flight.

I buckled and couldn't resist trying a venom / talon. They were OOP when I started to play, so I've always been curious. Also snagged a cryZtal sting, a stable sting would basically be an XL which is great either way.

Would anyone know the comparison between a talon vs reaper ?

How are you liking that Cryztal Sting?

Would anyone know the comparison between a talon vs reaper ?
Let me know if you find out; I couldn't figure out the difference when they were both in production. :|

The Talon for whatever reason was a big discs with thumber/tomahawk/overhand/whatever-else-you-want-to-call-not-throwing-backhand players I knew, much bigger than the Reaper. Most of the people I knew who threw Reapers naturally moved on the Predators and didn't throw a hissy fit when the Reaper went OOP. The thumber guys went berserk when the Talon went OOP. This is all I know about too-fast-and-beefy-for-me '00's Discraft drivers. :|

it pretty much flies like a Stratus btw, at least mine does :clap:
I finally got off post-op restrictions and threw today; that Stratus she got is solid. If they can make ESP Stratus like this, why don't they?

I finally got off post-op restrictions and threw today; that Stratus she got is solid. If they can make ESP Stratus like this, why don't they?

You don't like solid black PDGA discs? Who'd have thought:|

Seriously though maybe they just wanted to rebrand the Archer for younger players that are "too cool for outdated old discs" perhaps?

Seriously though maybe they just wanted to rebrand the Archer for younger players that are "too cool for outdated old discs" perhaps?

The Stratus and Archer are quite a bit different. Archer has a much better feel, wider comfy rim. Stratus is probably good for kids or people with small hands. Similar flights maybe. I did have one of those Black PDGA Statuses too.

Let me know if you find out; I couldn't figure out the difference when they were both in production. :|

The Talon for whatever reason was a big discs with thumber/tomahawk/overhand/whatever-else-you-want-to-call-not-throwing-backhand players I knew, much bigger than the Reaper. Most of the people I knew who threw Reapers naturally moved on the Predators and didn't throw a hissy fit when the Reaper went OOP. The thumber guys went berserk when the Talon went OOP. This is all I know about too-fast-and-beefy-for-me '00's Discraft drivers. :|

The Reaper for me was a nice PD type driver in X and like a Firebird lite in Z, good disc and better feeing than the Predator but basically the same flight.

Talon to me was like a Banshee OS, just as overstable as an FAF Firebird but not as long or fast.

I got the Z Glow Talon from the recent ledge stone run and it's fantastic. Really nicely OS and I have to throw the hell out of it to get 350+.

The Stratus and Archer are quite a bit different. Archer has a much better feel, wider comfy rim. Stratus is probably good for kids or people with small hands. Similar flights maybe. I did have one of those Black PDGA Statuses too.
My PDGA disc was a DX Gazelle. :\ No black Stratus for me.

I left it up to my daughter since I just left the classic "Father's Day is coming up" hint, but I should be getting an ESP Cyclone and I'd be shocked if she ordered one of those and didn't get an ESP Stratus for herself. So my giveaway for there being an ESP Cyclone for me on Father's Day is if an ESP Stratus turns up in her bag in the next week or so.

I know my kids...

picture.php

Latest posts