• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

left or right

TheMarz

how do you throw, left or right handed

It seems like most of the courses around me are made for right handers, with a few holes for left. I found a course recently thats pretty much all for leftys..oh do i like that course.

Backhand: left
Forehand : right

backhand: left
sidearm : right
So you're a funny guy too. Backhand lefty, forehand righty (I rarely ever use it), putt righty, overhand righty

Opposite.

Backhand: Right.
Forehand and Overhand: Left.

If you want a Righty course, come play Rosedale in KC.

The Natural said:
backhand: left
sidearm : right
So you're a funny guy too. Backhand lefty, forehand righty (I rarely ever use it), putt righty, overhand righty

Ya, considering i drive a manual, shift with my right in all the gears but reverse which i use my left hand for

nothing exciting

backhand righty
forehand righty
putt righty
overhand righty

only use the left arm when trying to get out of a really tight spot and cant use the right arm (only has happened twice in the past 3 years)

Furthur said:
Opposite.

Backhand: Right.
Forehand and Overhand: Left.

If you want a Righty course, come play Rosedale in KC.

exactly what i do

Backhan...er...everything right.

Silly question, but why switch arms for forehand? Seems like you lose most of the benefit of a sidearm if its taking the same line as your backhand. No?

You could amputate my left hand and it would have no effect on my disc golf game.

Anyway, back to the question:
disctribution said:
Silly question, but why switch arms for forehand? Seems like you lose most of the benefit of a sidearm if its taking the same line as your backhand. No?

disctribution said:
Backhan...er...everything right.

Yes, but i find it easier if i have a long narrow somewhat twisty shot ect.. to throw, forehand(right) then it would be if i threw backhand(left ) It would be like you trying to throw backhand left handed...us leftys are quite weird like that, at least the few that i know

worthdan said:
righty for both

but i have a buddy that throws righty both and lefty both

what's he rated? (i ask b/c, i think this is a distinct advantage.)

look up Brian Harrington out of MA. Originally a righty, broke his collar bone one summer, taught himself to throw lefty... now throws lefty dominantly, and also uses righty when ever he needs to...

backhand, forehand.. either way.

he's roughly 1000 rated.

Latest posts