• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

Have two yellow Protege ghosts on their way. USPS tracking has it scheduled for tomorrow but I'm hoping they get here a day early so I have them for our weekly league. Really excited to get my hands on these; hoping they cover all but my extremely overstable needs.

Who cycles Ghosts?

I have a Pinnacle and Gravity plastic right now. I am assuming Gravity will beat in quicker then Protege.

^^ i do .. well im working on it .. eventually i hope to have a full protege cycle but until i get one beat in i have been cycling Excels in and out for my straight to flippy, Protege for workhorse and a legend for extra beefy

^I am also working on a Protege Ghost cycle. Right now I throw a lighter-weight gauge in place of an US ghost. I am reeaaalllllly close to beating my first Protege into that slot. I think another month and it will be there. Many people do report that Gravity will beat in much faster, so that might be a good place to start if you are looking to get the cycle started faster.

What is the Legend plastic?

^^ i do .. well im working on it .. eventually i hope to have a full protege cycle but until i get one beat in i have been cycling Excels in and out for my straight to flippy, Protege for workhorse and a legend for extra beefy

I am thinking Pinnacle for my beefy and then Gravity for the beat in. Then beat in a Protege later.

I've been throwing my Gravity Ghost for about a year, and my Protege since they came out in June. Neither one has changed all that much in stability, even though they look and feel pretty beat up.

Throwing gravity for a year hasn't changed its' stability? Ive played 8 rounds with my protégé and it has no fade.

I am thinking Pinnacle for my beefy and then Gravity for the beat in. Then beat in a Protege later.

My Pinnacle wasn't all that overstable. It was closer to my pink Protege, and the Protege plastic is outstanding. Legend was the beefiest, but I threw one of the test runs so I can't speak to the actual Legend plastic.

My Pinnacle wasn't all that overstable. It was closer to my pink Protege, and the Protege plastic is outstanding. Legend was the beefiest, but I threw one of the test runs so I can't speak to the actual Legend plastic.

I should have said beefier. My Pinnacle has a fairly reliable fade. I want to beat a base plastic one to replace my Caribou.

Throwing gravity for a year hasn't changed its' stability? Ive played 8 rounds with my protégé and it has no fade.

Yea not really. Out of the box it was a very straight flyer with a mild fade. Would hold a turnover line without really fighting out, but wouldn't burn either. Flips into a headwind. Now it's got some pretty good gouges and scrapes, and has been tacoed once or twice and flattened back out. It flies pretty much the same.

My Protege has straightened out some. But it still has a decent fade.

I am throwing my Ghosts about 300-320 for reference. I am mostly a weekend player and don't play super heavily wooded courses, so my discs probably wear more slowly than average.

I received my Protege Ghosts in the mail yesterday and took them to the course to throw for 20 minutes before the sun set. I was impressed with the stability and even more impressed with the durability. I just kept looping two holes that are near or have a blacktop driveway surrounding them and I probably hit the blacktop 4-5 times. I couldn't believe that they barley had a scratch and I was throwing hyzer skip shots off of the blacktop.

These will make the bag for sure. Really impressed.

^^ i have had a blue in the bag since the release and the plastic is seasoning beautifully! No chunk, gauges, etc. and basically as stable as it was out the box .. hoping to get one beat in enough to cycle but its taking forever.. but i have no problem with it thats why i also carry Excel lol .. but pound for pound its my dream ghost

How does Excel compare to Gravity? I have a Gravity and it is an amazing feeling baseline plastic.

to be completely honest i havent tossed Gravtiy.. i have a couple but never tossed them.. When i first made the switch to ghosts i was a HUGE dx roc guy so my first purchase was a pile of excel and have stuck with them since.. My Excel grip has varied depending on color and i would imagine they arent as durable as gravity but i was also hoping they would beat in quickly to cover my flippy role and they do .. Out of the box i would compare them to maybe an Ontario or San Marino roc in stability.. not as beefy as a rancho mold out of the box ... if that helps at all

I have a Gravity Ghost, and I'm not too impressed.

I'd like to try one in premium plastic, because I like the feel, but the results are less good.

Been a very long time in waiting to try one of these. I picked up a 179 gravity with a sick RDG pokemon stamp on it this weekend.

Not so different from a roc, but it seems to hold straighter compared to a new dx roc of similar weight.

The feel of the gravity plastic alone is the reason why I'm going to move over to ghosts. Hoping excel plastic is good. Not sure I'll even try a pinnacle or icon. I tend to like baseline/pro plastic for midranges.

^^ you want Protege then buddy.. Protege feels like good old kc pro .. and yes i would agree i think out the box the Ghost is more like a San Marino or even Ontario roc.. doesnt have quite the fade a new rancho roc does .. I love Excel aswell but they tend to vary a bit on color.. i LOVE my Whites and Yellows.. the red and blues i have arent as grippy.. but i throw them hoping they beat in.. they cover my straight to flippy role