• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Icon Patriot

dekdo

Double Eagle Member
This thing flies great. More turn out of the box than a star leopard and it also seems to be faster and longer. Had a nice 400' drive that didnt have too much side to side play. I havent thrown a pinnacle patriot, but I dont see a need to after trying the icon plastic.

Im really looking forward to throwing mine some more, might be taking the leopards place sometime soon.

I love Patriots, Icon and Pinnacle. It's good to see them getting the recognition for the great disc that they are. Icons break in to be great understable fairways, while pinnacles are more stable at high speeds. They pair really well together. Add in an Icon and Pinnacle Rival and your fairway shots are covered :D

I may actually give a pinnacle patriot a try. Im really starting to like the icon, and its likely the icon and pinnacle patriot will replace my two leopards.

They are fantastic straight flyers and they beat in well in icon, not too quickly or slowly. They feel and fly just like a S FD or a faster star leopard.

good lord, never knew how much i needed this disc.

seriously making downhill tunnel shots so much easier, as well as uphill shots. holes 5,6,8 and 10 at kaposia park, all had a birdie look where normally i would just take a 3. hyzerflip to flat for daaaaaaays. thank you, legacy. lots of good things happening in my bag lately and this is no exception.

Yeah im loving this disc so far, really interested in trying one in legend plastic too!

For reference, how far are you guys pumping these things out? I don't throw very far (maybe 325'ish) and I am in the market for a solid wooded course driver (and control driver in the open fields). Are you guys only getting turn out of these with huge power? Are they straight flyers for someone in my power range?

Give me the scoop on some legacy! :)

For reference, how far are you guys pumping these things out? I don't throw very far (maybe 325'ish) and I am in the market for a solid wooded course driver (and control driver in the open fields). Are you guys only getting turn out of these with huge power? Are they straight flyers for someone in my power range?

For reference, they'll turn at 250' but not a ton. They have a stronger fade than I was expecting at your distance, but they are extremely workable.

For you it will probably be pretty straight maybe some turn.

My icon has a pretty decent amount of turn when thrown close to 400, but it definitely isnt turning and burning which is what I really like about it. Although I am adding some hyzer in the beginning, but yeah.

My pinnacle on the other hand flies pretty straight and is gonna need to be beat in a bit before I see much turn.

it's tough for me to say what it will do for you - i throw 400 absolute max, and i spent way too much time throwing the wrong discs so i didn't use the icon patriot until about 2 weeks ago.

truth be told, if i'd been smart, i would've gotten a disc like this long ago but i have never thrown anything like the leopard aside from my fury which i found way too flippy/touchy. one way or another you can't go wrong. i disc in MN; i can't compare to other states, but we've got wooded courses. i like to power down the patriot sometimes rather than try and power up a mid. it's easy to throw which makes it easy to control.

for me right now it's great for hyzerflip distance that flex back at the end, flip tunnel shots and shots that need to go right and keep going right. definitely responsive and locks onto its line for a good bit.

i recommend giving it a try at the very least if you don't already have a disc that occupies this slot. for your power i *DO* recommend an icon. i threw a pinnacle and it was a completely different disc to me.

Thanks fellas. Always appreciate the solid feedback. Right now, I use a Trak for my straight fairway duties. It's great for just that...straight shots. I can't seem to hyzer-flip it or put it on an anny line that holds. This leads me to believe it is partially my fault (duh) and possibly a little bit of the disc not being too versatile. People keep telling me to drop it, so maybe the Patriot will prove to be more versatile.

The patriot confuses me. I have a 174 icon patriot and a 174 pinnacle rival. The rival flys like ot should based on flight numbers..... the patriot on the other hand flys more stable than the rival. Its actually really hard to get any right turn out of it. I am not a pro bomber but I can throw some plastic pretty decent so its not my form or anything. Anyone elses patriots fly overstable

lee, i've only owned 3 patriots - two icon, one pinnacle.

my pinnacle was beefcakes; pearly white and beautiful, but useless to me since i already had a rival at the time. my first icon was a little straighter for me but i didn't throw as far at that point.

mine is a 173g; haven't had the chance to compare parting line height or anything.

Can anyone say where a legend patriot would fall in terms of stability compared to a patriot in icon or pinnacle plastic?

i bought a 166g icon patriot in may and it's about to kick my beat dx teebird outta my bag. it started out as a straight flyer but quickly beat into a beautiful disc to use in the woods because it does so much. i can put various degrees of hyzer on it and it'll either fly straight or have a nice little turn right at the end. i can power it down and throw flat and it'll go straight for 75 - 100' before flexing right and KEEP going right. thrown on a gentle anhyzer and it keep turning. i love this disc so much i'm going to have to try a rival.

I believe the newer Icon Patriots are a bit more stable as people are reporting. They don't have the concave dome and high shoulder like some of the early ones. They are shaped more like the Pinnacle Pats, but not quite as stable. The plastic also has a better feel, not quite as stiff and slick as the concave/flat ones.

I believe the newer Icon Patriots are a bit more stable as people are reporting. They don't have the concave dome and high shoulder like some of the early ones. They are shaped more like the Pinnacle Pats, but not quite as stable. The plastic also has a better feel, not quite as stiff and slick as the concave/flat ones.

Not to mention the amazing wet weather grip! I purposely didn't wipe mine off in the rain and couldn't get the thing to slip out of my hand FH or BH.

Yeah I keep a Pinncale Pat(stable), new run Icon(straight flips), and old Icon(turnovers). They have replaced my old QJs pretty easy. I had been trying to beat up a Rival but the stable Pinnacle filled that hole nicely...And Rivals just don't seem to beat up very easy...

Latest posts