• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Mongoose

Understable...
Well..... yeah. :doh:

Maybe my question wasn't phrased well. Are we talking Valkyrie, Sidewinder/Avenger SS or Mamba understable here? The working assumption was that it was going to be Legacy's Sidewinder replacement, and I'm simply trying to get a grip on exactly how US the disc has been in the hands of some average joe type players. I can see what Inbounds says, but we all know how accurate Inbounds is.

Thanks,

I received my mongoose in the mail today. The icon plastic feels great. Im hoping to get out and throw it this weekend, weather permitting. Hopefully this will be the disc will fly as true as the rest of the Legacy lineup. Go Legacy.

I got mine yesterday and they are sweet! Plastic feels great nice shape, flat acroast the top. I had them out in the field for a minute yesterday with some star roadrunners and they seem VERY similar if not a hair more US. This may have been because I was really twerkin on them but I could hyzerflip to turn all the way to the ground at around 350'- Ill keep you guys posted but as of now they seem to be a sweet rr sub.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the insight. It sounds like there would be room for one of these in my bag as a Mamba replacement. That thing is way too understable in anything except a major tailwind.

I threw my Mongoose today and for me its the perfect replacement for my Mamba. The Mongoose seems to be a more accurate and more forgiving than the Mamba. It seemed to have a very similar flight to my buddy's sidewinder and roadrunner. I did not try to roll it but it will be a keeper in my bag. Go Legacy.

I threw my Mongoose today and for me its the perfect replacement for my Mamba. The Mongoose seems to be a more accurate and more forgiving than the Mamba.
I threw my Mongoose for the first time yesterday, and want to second these comments. It is flippy, but not in a bad way. Definitely not the total flip machine that my Mamba is. Overall it seems slightly less stable than the ESP Avenger SS and Champ Sidewinder I'd auditioned to replace the Mamba previously, which means it's exactly what I'm looking for.

We finally ran the Skulboy Icon Mongoose. Duncan keeps on rocking it with the art. I think this is a newer run also. The x-out I grabbed has a much higher parting line. Hopefully more stable

mongoose-skulboy-web.jpg

Available at DN for $19.99. http://bit.ly/UmShh0

Yep, the Mongoose discs that Disc Nation has are the 2nd run.
Can't wait to get my order of these.

Absolutely love the Legacy Bandit and interested to see how the Mongoose compares to that mold.

Bump.

What's the word on yellow first run Mongooses (Mongeese??)? I have a 167 gram white production run that is fliptastic goodness - like flips over from a deep hyzer, utility understable - and I'd like to nab a backup that is close to that. Saw a yellow first run and I dig that stamp. Any help from Mongoose throwers is appreciated.

I bought a first run goose recently because I like the mold and it was Packers colors...took it out to the field a few times this week for fun and it is much more understable than my white one. It's 174g compared to my 168g regular run but now I see where people use this as a roller when it's almost new.

I was throwing it with some Bandits and FD's and they were flying fine so I'm fairly confident it was a "good" form day.

I'll let you throw the first run Bandit next time we play, it seems close to my white mongoose. It bombed on a few throws today.

Whats the second run like?

My first runs are super flip, -4 HSS 1 LSS

That's how my production run is. Have to really finesse it to hold the line. But it is very useful.

I bought a first run goose recently because I like the mold and it was Packers colors...took it out to the field a few times this week for fun and it is much more understable than my white one. It's 174g compared to my 168g regular run but now I see where people use this as a roller when it's almost new.

I was throwing it with some Bandits and FD's and they were flying fine so I'm fairly confident it was a "good" form day.

I'll let you throw the first run Bandit next time we play, it seems close to my white mongoose. It bombed on a few throws today.

Thanks man. Maybe your white one is more the exception than the rule, then. Might have to snag this yellow one...

yeah i have a 2nd Run White and its not near as understable as my others.. its also heavier so that could be it but def not near the flip machine..im not using it if anyone needs.. I LOVE my Gooses though but bout time to put a fresh in the bag.. been throwing the same FR since Feb or so and its insanely flippy now but jesus its fun lol .. prob keep it in the bag just for rollers and stuff but its almost getting too flippy for hyzerflip shots i have to release it at like six o'clock lol

yeah i have a 2nd Run White and its not near as understable as my others.. its also heavier so that could be it but def not near the flip machine..im not using it if anyone needs.. I LOVE my Gooses though but bout time to put a fresh in the bag.. been throwing the same FR since Feb or so and its insanely flippy now but jesus its fun lol .. prob keep it in the bag just for rollers and stuff but its almost getting too flippy for hyzerflip shots i have to release it at like six o'clock lol
*stands up clears throat*
*has a 165g FR Bandit he could send to Brown Bottom Rd in exchange*

Latest posts