• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

I've done some searching but no luck. Here's my Leopard problem, and I know I can't be the only one.

I love Leopards. I love champion plastic. I don't give a flying #$%^ about Barry Schultz and his signature. Is there a remedy for this? All I see for sale on the major sites are the Schultz discs.

See if you can find some Factory Second Champion Leopards. Infinite Discs sometimes has F2 discs (I have not checked to see if they have F2 Champ Leopards), and the Innova Proshop might have F2 Champ Leopards.

The Innova Factory store has a couple hundred F2 Champ Leopards in stock right now.

My buddy got a new dx leopard, I used it on a couple holes. They were need to go right with precision but farther than my crappy forehand allows holes.
I threw on a third hole that leads me to believe if I can get it really dialed in I could throw it on a hyzerflip distance line. Said hole had water on front and to the left so I didn't want to get too aggressive mashing a hyzer out to the left when im not familiar with and more importantly not my disc... I did this but not to the degree I normally would and turned it over a bit too much. He said he wouldn't have cared, 7 dollar disc, but still.

Anyway, *QUESTION:

Ok, so, being that this was a new dx disc, can I expect this stability to last very long? In other words, should I order a dx and a pro? How different is a pro to a fresh dx? I.e., could I skip the dx if comparable and it's just going to suck after a couple rounds... or is that silly?

Anyway, *QUESTION:
Ok, so, being that this was a new dx disc, can I expect this stability to last very long? In other words, should I order a dx and a pro? How different is a pro to a fresh dx? I.e., could I skip the dx if comparable and it's just going to suck after a couple rounds... or is that silly?

Just go with a pro near max weight. It'll be more stable than a fresh DX but nothing crazy. It'll beat in decently quick but keep a sweet spot for way longer than DX. Pro Leopards are an amazing disc.

...How different is a pro to a fresh dx?

They are two very different discs. Almost like comparing Pro Leos to Champion Leos.

I prefer Pro Leopards because they are more forgiving than DX, as well as more predictable. This isn't necessarily a disc issue, but rather a "less than stellar" form issue on my part. Pro doesn't punish my flaws as much as DX.

DX Leos are fun, but Pro Leos are magic.

Anyway, *QUESTION:

Just go with a pro near max weight. It'll be more stable than a fresh DX but nothing crazy. It'll beat in decently quick but keep a sweet spot for way longer than DX. Pro Leopards are an amazing disc.

They are two very different discs. Almost like comparing Pro Leos to Champion Leos.

I prefer Pro Leopards because they are more forgiving than DX, as well as more predictable. This isn't necessarily a disc issue, but rather a "less than stellar" form issue on my part. Pro doesn't punish my flaws as much as DX.

DX Leos are fun, but Pro Leos are magic.

Pulled out that quote just in case anyone missed it ^^^ :cool:

I might get both then, hah! Sort of what I was expecting to settle on... thanks guys!

Having an extra DX leopard shouldn't hurt anyway for friends or kids.

Pulled out that quote just in case anyone missed it ^^^ :cool:

BTW, I've had my marmogage in my wallet for months now, patiently waiting on the day I can get to a store with pro leopards. Covid struck and I'm not sure when work travel will start again, limiting store options... Might have to buy online and hope for the best. So been planning on the pro anyway, just haven't had the chance to get one in person...

I might get both then, hah! Sort of what I was expecting to settle on... thanks guys!

Having an extra DX leopard shouldn't hurt anyway for friends or kids.

Having multiple Leos in the bag isn't a bad thing IMO.
I usually carry 3 Leos in my bag:
- DX for rollers or backhand turnovers. My DX is VERY understable. Still very usable on the course but very understable.
- Pro for general use... distance, glide, and as JuanA mentioned... magic.
- Champ (or Star) for overstable. Almost like a Teebird. The stability hasn't changed since day 1 because Champ is exceptionally durable.

If you can swing it, Champs are fun but not necessarily for what you would think of as traditional Leopard shots. Stars are in the same boat. If I want outright distance from a Leopard (not usually why you choose a Leopard) then Star is the plastic I'd choose for that. Star plastic or a brand new Pro. Either way.

Last edited:
- DX for rollers or backhand turnovers. My DX is VERY understable. Still very usable on the course but very understable.

I picked up the color glow DX from 2019 USDGC and my goodness is this thing flippy. brand spanking new and it wanted to roll on a good flat rip.

more flippy than a D-Line FD and that's saying something. Fun disc though.

All the Leos I use on a regular basis are lightweight ones and either unavailable anymore or weird variants.
I have a champ Barry from IDK how long ago thats yellow on the rim and nearly clear in the flight plate that glides for days (very US), an old pearly proline that is butter, and a star that is the stiffest star plastic I've ever felt.
IIRC all are in the high 150s-low 160s rate.

I do have a couple "Snow Leopard" 3s (white XXL stamp on white star) that I have never thrown yet.
Haven't needed em.

Last edited:
My goto Leos the past few years has been Gstar Plastic with flat tops. My latest Leo G* just arrived and it..has...a...dome. What kind of flight compared to flat discs should I expect? Not sure I want to keep it, so asking first. Thx.

Riddle me this...
Two new, embossed, star Leopards.
One has old tooling, the other new tooling.
I'm assuming one is NOS. However, i thought Leopards flew out of the factory.
Did i get lucky? It is the buttery star.

Riddle me this...
Two new, embossed, star Leopards.
One has old tooling, the other new tooling.
I'm assuming one is NOS. However, I thought Leopards flew out of the factory.
Did I get lucky? It is the buttery star.

What do you mean by Buttery Star? I got the standard slightly soft with an Archon early this year, I like that or hard, not the almost G-Star crap we got last year 2019 with both that and Pro when I got my Pro Destroyer when Champion Was Stiff last year 2019 when I got this year my champion Archon in the stiff plastic early this year in March or May.

Latest posts