• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard3

i hope these are broken in leopards like they sound.

If anything, wouldn't the Leopard-3 be a bit MORE stable and less glide-y than the Leopards? The TL3, and Teebird3, and to a lesser extent the Roc3 and Mako3, were somewhat advertised as "higher speed, less glide". You need an "Leopard-L" for a fresh-out-of-the-box more broken in Leopard.

I'm sure the L3 will have its fans. My impression of it is that it is a solution looking for a problem that really isn't there to begin with. I'm looking forward to your reports of using it, to see what niche it fills if nothing else.

If anything, wouldn't the Leopard-3 be a bit MORE stable and less glide-y than the Leopards? The TL3, and Teebird3, and to a lesser extent the Roc3 and Mako3, were somewhat advertised as "higher speed, less glide". You need an "Leopard-L" for a fresh-out-of-the-box more broken in Leopard.

I'm sure the L3 will have its fans. My impression of it is that it is a solution looking for a problem that really isn't there to begin with. I'm looking forward to your reports of using it, to see what niche it fills if nothing else.

Not necessarily. The 3 just indicates the flat top. From the reviews it is advertised as the same flight numbers, but flies accordingly. My Champion Leopard is overstable, and I've heard once broken in that it still doesn't lose all of its fade. The Leopard-L would pretty much be stepping toes on the FD. This will fit nicely with a fresh Champion Leopard, a seasoned Champ Leopard, and a Leopard3 for those needed to go right. Great addition if you throw Leopards. Looks like I can stop cycling Pro and stick to a longer term plastic.

The Leopard-L would pretty much be stepping toes on the FD.

Respectfully disagree. I've taken my new F2 C-Line FD on a few rounds now, and it is much longer than the Leopard and not as understable as the Leopard. The FD also has an extremely impressive glide, moreso than the TL or the Leopard.

And I base this upon the knowledge of owning and throwing some F2 Star Leopards and a couple of DX Leopards, which I bagged before the TL was introduced to me by the Disc Golf Gods.

I'm sure Leopard users will like the L3, and will find or create a niche for it.

I'm my experience with leopards dome equals more stability and fade. if these are indeed flatter and less glidey I'm my opinion they should fly like a 7/10 champ leopard that has some dome which they all seem to have. i hope that is the case! i just want the leopard wiggle out of the box.

Allot of conflicting ideas of what this disc will fly like.

ATDG review was pretty well written. When's its release?

I'm sure the L3 will have its fans. My impression of it is that it is a solution looking for a problem that really isn't there to begin with

There are leopard fans everywhere who are desperate for champ leopards to do leopard stuff out of the box. Its a major issue for anyone who is a fan of the mold. I stopped bagging a leopard last year specifically because it was so annoying and time consuming to beat them in to do what they are supposed to

Disc Golf Center has the L3 listed already, though obviously no inventory yet. :popcorn:

Respectfully disagree. I've taken my new F2 C-Line FD on a few rounds now, and it is much longer than the Leopard and not as understable as the Leopard. The FD also has an extremely impressive glide, moreso than the TL or the Leopard.

And I base this upon the knowledge of owning and throwing some F2 Star Leopards and a couple of DX Leopards, which I bagged before the TL was introduced to me by the Disc Golf Gods.

I'm sure Leopard users will like the L3, and will find or create a niche for it.

You're right, probably should have said Zombee. It'd be somewhere around 7/5/-1/1 or so. Hypothetically if the Leopard-L was real.

Clearwater has them for sale already but not with the first run stamp. :confused:

Doesn't suprise me. I guess they're not doing a proto star for these. Makes sense because they've been out as a cfr since like am worlds ya?

I wonder if the 25 disc limit on the first runs is 25 per shipment until they sell out, or 25 per retailer, one time only? If it's the latter, I'm guessing most of us will never own one.