• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Less Snow in MN

by the way mnthrower i just played cedar creek in fairmont and the conditions are awesome. around 10% of the ground was snow on monday. only like 3 teepads werent clear. winds were howling like usual on the backside of the harder course there. should def check it out. best conditions ive played in since fall. bring boots though as it can get pretty muddy in some spots

by the way mnthrower i just played cedar creek in fairmont and the conditions are awesome. around 10% of the ground was snow on monday. only like 3 teepads werent clear. winds were howling like usual on the backside of the harder course there. should def check it out. best conditions ive played in since fall. bring boots though as it can get pretty muddy in some spots

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm fine with some mud - I am just sick of trecking through 2 feet of snow everywhere!

cant wait!!!

sun.jpg

Looks like Austin area is snow free?

Not sure what you are looking at, I see 3-6" on my map.

10 day forecast looks excellent. Once we get above freezing today it's suppose to stay above that from now on with highs in the upper 50's to 70. Snow should be gone in no time.

Played Ham Lake last Sunday but there was still a ton of snow. Probably won't go out this weekend but if that forecast is accurate we might be able to play in regular shoes next weekend.

If you guys are starting to miss the deep stuff, come on up to Duluth! We still have three feet on the ground, no need to worry about getting your boots muddy.

Not sure what you are looking at, I see 3-6" on my map.

10 day forecast looks excellent. Once we get above freezing today it's suppose to stay above that from now on with highs in the upper 50's to 70. Snow should be gone in no time.

that's why I posted.. hoping someone down there chimes in as it would appear Shakopee area is free of snow again as well but the maps are not quite right IMO.

I live in Eagan and we are pretty much clear of snow here. I'm going to be heading to Red Oak this week to see how the mud is.

also im playing a morning round at shakopee tomorrow if anyone is down pm me

1/2 of Lochness was clear in Blaine yesterday. 4 - 7 were almost completely melted, and 8 was pretty clear too. Hole 2 still had some pretty deep snow in most of the fairway. I'd figure hole 1 and 9 would be melted completely by end-of-day tomorrow at the latest. Hole 2 and 3 will take a bit longer.

I live in Eagan and we are pretty much clear of snow here. I'm going to be heading to Red Oak this week to see how the mud is.

Definitely keep us updated on mud conditions! Played Acorn last Saturday and it was still covered in snow. I think Kaposia is currently closed due to mud. The one in Edina, I think it's Rosland, was fairly clear last weekend as well.

Definitely keep us updated on mud conditions! Played Acorn last Saturday and it was still covered in snow. I think Kaposia is currently closed due to mud. The one in Edina, I think it's Rosland, was fairly clear last weekend as well.

A semi-large group of us will be playing this Saturday morning. I fear that the majority of Hole 8 will be under world with some of it spilling over to Hole 9. Rosland by far is not want one of my first choices for this time of year, but for better or worse we are playing it for convenience sake.

A semi-large group of us will be playing this Saturday morning. I fear that the majority of Hole 8 will be under world with some of it spilling over to Hole 9. Rosland by far is not want one of my first choices for this time of year, but for better or worse we are playing it for convenience sake.

Hole 8 had a nice pond just to the left of the basket. Sort of made for a fun challenge. Hole 9 was full of snow but not flooded yet. After today I'm betting most courses will be flooded.

Anyone know what Hastings looks like? Word is the hadn't gotten that last batch of 5+ inches.

The baskets are definitely out at Kaposia for the spring thaw. (Holes 1-4, 18, 19 and 11). I was going to play Valley last weekend, however the pads were a mix of ice and snow (way to dangerous). I would suspect it is dry on many of the holes, however a significant mess on the south side, as well as 17 and much of 8.