• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lets talk distance

My 175g Champion Boss I could average 375 or 400 feet but I lost it :( . Now, I'm throwing my dx Wraith about 375 and when I hyzer flip my 175g Star Valk I can throw about 400 but she is very sensative. My Gateway 174g E series Savage is making a come back in my bag for Max D.

i usually throw backhand and my go to backhand disc for max d is a champion orc, for some reason it flies farther than my star...and forehand i throw a star destroyer

Hey, some of you stat guys... why don't you check out this thread for the number of people who listed the Valkyrie and Wraith on the same reply. I'm going to bed so I'm not willing to count now. I was amazed at how many times both discs were mentioned. Ans add my name if you count them.

With no wind or a tailwind I hyzer-flip my 150g Champion Valkyries. Into a slight wind or on a hole requiring a different line, I'll throw my 150g DX Wraith. And finally, into moderate or worse wind it's my 175g Champion Wraith.

I just recently had my longest drive at 500'+ (downhill:D). I drove it past the basket on a 486' hole with my Pro Valkyrie; it was a huge hyzer flip.

For flat land big D, I will pull out my Champion Boss or Star Wraith (new to me, still needs some driving practice).

I have a couple of the Japan open R-Pro 150 gram boss that I am just bombing right now, I still have to throw some hyzer and throw it a little high but it goes forever my back hand is thanking me for it.

I've been throwing my R-Pro Boss 150G lately too, what a great disc. It doesn't feel near as stable as a Champ Boss and seems to glide forever. I really hope they make it a regular run disc.

For me its a toss up between my DX Wraith or my star orc. I could probably get more distance with the wraith but more accurate with the orc.

If we're talking on the course, then it's probably either a DX Teebird or X Avenger. There are probably discs I can throw farther without taking direction into account, but if I want to be closest to the bascket with the most consistancy, I'll reach for one of those two discs depending on the situation. I have had excellent results from both the Valkyrie and Inferno, too.

I will Jump on the Star Wraith bandwagon as is this the longest disc I have right now.

But the 141 Star Valkyrie was the long distance disc before it was lost. With out any wind that disc would go forever.

if i'm in a big field and accuracy is not important i'll toss whatever overstable driver i have on me. right now i've got a wraith and an xcalibur.

if i'm on a course and i need any kind of accuracy i'll go for my roadrunner and throw it with a little hyzer flip action. i've been laser straight with that lately and i can throw it about as far as a big sweeping anhyzer with an over stable disc.

For me it's either my pro wraith or my star destroyer depending on which way the wind is blowing.

actually it's kindofa' toss up between the star wraith169-171g or star destroyer 168-169g that i have that i just crank with a lot of hyzer....it stands up, hits the gas pedal, and takes charge of the situation. 400-420'.

OBEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have to say it is between my 169 Star Destroyer and my 172 Champion Sidewinder, probably would give the edge to the Sidewinder though

I don't have quite the arm for the Destroyer, but I keep one in my bag for throwing into the wind.
I thought that too but as my Pro Destroyer started to beat in it's been working out pretty well.

Start throwing it at some trees (intentionally).

I heard a story recently about a couple of guys, one of which I believe worked for Innova or had some connection to Innova. He was playing with one of his regular partners and he mentioned, you make all these great fast discs, the Boss and the Groove, why in the world do you still have three Wraith's in your bag? Simply put, he said, because I can still throw the Wraith further than any other disc in my bag. They went out to a field and tried the theory out. Low and behold his buddy now carries three Wraith's in his bag as well.

I haven't found that to be true with the wraith. I was throwing the wraith a little under four hundre with horrible accuracy. I throw my champ boss or star destroyer about four hundred and thirty with my new form and that's without grunting! LOL. The destroyed always goes where I want it to also. :)

I only throw RHBH

Neutral or Headwind Champ Boss 173 good to about 415' depending on wind mph.

Tailwind, especially from 7:00 to 8:00 Snap helios 175, not real accurate but good for 475'.

Neautral wind or tail, looking for a long right turn, Quarter K II good for a few throws at 525', not consistant at all but fun.

Latest posts