• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Hahahaha. I appreciate it.

Having the ability to make discs is one of the most thought consuming things I've ever come across. I almost always have a disc in my hand (even while talking to customers about their insurance...) all while trying to think of mold components that I could build to alter the flights.

I already have two molds that are slated to be built that I think will go over pretty well if they mold up according to design.

I don't want a plus mold. A curved inner rim (like ions have). The decreased drag would be awesome to see on a lid. And yes, shallow please! And flat!

I'm hoping against all odds this is what is designed.

It would be cool to see a slightly stable Lock Jaw/Claws type lid In a premium plastic, like Salients Liquid.

It might get guys who don't like lids(me) to try it.

really surprised no one has mentioned the piranha the best lid IMO that's all I putt with and throw for short holes I have 2 aces with piranhas and many close calls I can also hit super long putts with them they are awesome

really surprised no one has mentioned the piranha the best lid IMO that's all I putt with and throw for short holes I have 2 aces with piranhas and many close calls I can also hit super long putts with them they are awesome

It's pretty money, don't get me wrong, but I liked the gopher so much more.

gopher is pretty cool I have one but my only hang up is that its huge lol also all the ones ive seen or come across weight 134g?

Wow, I've never actually see one that light. I don't own any more piranhas or gophers, but all my gophers and piranhas were 175+

Wow, I've never actually see one that light. I don't own any more piranhas or gophers, but all my gophers and piranhas were 175+

yeah all my piranhas are 170+ but seems every gopher I see is a 134g I was starting to think that's all they came in haha

Friend has a 150 class Piranha. I LOVE that thing, but he won't sell it. Doesn't use it either.

I haven't thrown a Piranha, but I know there are several people wishing it could be reproduced. When people describing the flight, I have been wondering if the Lock Jaw isn't the modern day Piranha. Has anyone thrown both to compare them?

Friend has a 150 class Piranha. I LOVE that thing, but he won't sell it. Doesn't use it either.

piranhas are not easy to come by usually and they can be expensive im lucky enough to have built up a nice stack of them they are sweet

I haven't thrown a Piranha, but I know there are several people wishing it could be reproduced. When people describing the flight, I have been wondering if the Lock Jaw isn't the modern day Piranha. Has anyone thrown both to compare them?

never heard of lockjaw but piranha is actually pretty stable they hold up nicely for a lid

I'm going to make this one plea because I really want to see a resurgence in lidlike molds. If they make another lid that's like every other lid out there, people won't buy it because very few buy the existing molds out there.

I know that I had a ton of people asking me about the Lock Jaw before they even saw me throw it (and more after I threw it). I've never once had that from a Polecat, Rattler, or Sonic, even on the days when I threw them well. Despite its extra beef, the Lock Jaw still flies lidlike. It's slower and floaty, but it just fades more but does it reliably. I think that a unique mold like that is going to be the best bet from a financial standpoint because people will talk about it.

Counterpoint: you're wrong, lol.

I get comments on my polecat all the time and I think the biggest reason why few people throw them is they're ancient molds with stupid names in non-flashy base plastic. Lids are some of the most neutral discs there are, it's their raison d'tre. All you need is a polecat in fancier clothes to be successful imo.

Counterpoint: you're wrong, lol.

I get comments on my polecat all the time and I think the biggest reason why few people throw them is they're ancient molds with stupid names in non-flashy base plastic. Lids are some of the most neutral discs there are, it's their raison d'tre. All you need is a polecat in fancier clothes to be successful imo.

I think I agree here. Slap a killer stamp, beautifully firm Fossil or grippy Tar Pit plastic and the Snapper will be a household name :popcorn:

Looks like there's a market for something beefier, BroD. Don't imitate, innovate! I have a Polecat. I need a Piranha...

No matter how much I love Fossil plastic, and I REALLY love it, we don't need a copy-cat. But there is a lot of room for lids that fly even slightly differently.

Looks like there's a market for something beefier, BroD. Don't imitate, innovate! I have a Polecat. I need a Piranha...

The operative word is 150 class. Lids fly most like lids the lighter they are. Saying a lid should be beefier is like saying Comets need to be beefier, just ain't right Moe. Go throw a Birdie if you wanta lid that flies like a turd.

The operative word is 150 class. Lids fly most like lids the lighter they are. Saying a lid should be beefier is like saying Comets need to be beefier, just ain't right Moe. Go throw a Birdie if you wanta lid that flies like a turd.

<_<

i don't really like changing my weight that much.

175gpolecats4lyfe

All my discs are within 8 grams of 175 (167-180), except for one: 200g DX Zephyr!!! It flies like a lid.

Latest posts