• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Lion

Awesome.

In typical fashion, the Lion has grown on me a lot.

Instead of Rocs, I've been tossing a mid line up of :

Gila
Lion
Mako3

It's fast, reliable and really nice for my line drive style of play

I'm really glad they are making this in Dx...that was my main hangup and why the Lion isn't in my bag. The Star I had is that great #1-#2 Roc flight but I didn't want to try and season because it would take forever...but now I can give it a shot with a Dx.

I hope they make the DX Lion in <170 gram weights. I would like to give it a try but prefer mids in the mid-upper 160s.

I ordered a lion, but never threw it... I just couldn't get a good grip. Not because of the mold, but the plastic and oversize stamp were too slick to my hand. I suppose it could have been me, but none of the other star-plastic discs I own/throw felt anything like it (to me).

Anyway, put it in the CTP box at my league and went back to the Emac. I know, commie disc, but can't argue with how it flies (for me)...

What do your guys' midrange lineups look like with Lions? I would guess Gator / Lion / Mako3

What do your guys' midrange lineups look like with Lions? I would guess Gator / Lion / Mako3

Mine would drop the Shark 3 for a Lion as the Lion is almost the same as a Shark 3, keeping the Shark for more an approach disc/driving putter and emergency windy putter as the Lion is not a higher dome like a Shark but lower dome more like the high dome DX ROC's. I only have one midrange I use for midrange activity as the Impact is a between midrange and fairway driver.

I tried the Lion when it first came out (in the Lion color stamp). I did not find the one I bought to be overstable and in fact mine is understable. I have never bagged it because it really has not place in my bag. I was looking for an overstable mid based on the videos and I was disappointed. I am currently bagging a Malta which I really like.

Mine would drop the Shark 3 for a Lion as the Lion is almost the same as a Shark 3, keeping the Shark for more an approach disc/driving putter and emergency windy putter as the Lion is not a higher dome like a Shark but lower dome more like the high dome DX ROC's. I only have one midrange I use for midrange activity as the Impact is a between midrange and fairway driver.

I might have to drop the Shark 3 for a Lion when my Champion Shark 3 either get lost or wear out. It looks like from The Innova Factory Store that the Shark 3 is going oop for the Lion.

I'm trying to figure out where the Lion would fit in with my Manta, Rocs and Caiman.

Maybe I'll pick up a Lion this afternoon and try it this weekend.

I ordered a lion, but never threw it... I just couldn't get a good grip. Not because of the mold, but the plastic and oversize stamp were too slick to my hand. I suppose it could have been me, but none of the other star-plastic discs I own/throw felt anything like it (to me).

Anyway, put it in the CTP box at my league and went back to the Emac. I know, commie disc, but can't argue with how it flies (for me)...

Innova company now offers the disc in multiple plastic.

For those that Have thrown both the Shark 3 and the Lion, would the Lion in flight only be anything similar? I know the two molds will feel different so nothing about that. Would the Non Star Champion be better due to some complaints about the Star Grip or would the best be get the Star. I do not like how the Shark 3 does not come in Star for better consistent grip on a midrange, I like more grip to midrange as they often do not get the full power drivers or driving putter gets.

Threw by buds lion. The plastic was firm but more grip than KC Pro like nexus or a version of Lat64 Hard. It flew like a less glidey roc so a fair amount of overlap.

Since nobody had any info on a DX Lion, I bought one and played 9 holes with it. It's really just another stable mid. Holds its angle pretty well. It holds anhyzer pretty well with a hard throw. Otherwise it will fade out. For some reason, I couldn't get any real distance with it though.

Since nobody had any info on a DX Lion, I bought one and played 9 holes with it. ItÂ's really just another stable mid. Holds its angle pretty well. It holds anhyzer pretty well with a hard throw. Otherwise it will fade out. For some reason, I couldnÂ't get any real distance with it though.

Sounds like a VShark where they added a small/standard bead to the disc so it could be a V type disc. Shark 3 is still made just that the majority of current Shark 3 are ending up F2, so that is good news as the Shark 3 is definitely a further flying Shark as the glide is more forward with the Shark 3 and more putter floating glide with the Shark. Reasons I have both are that the Shark is not quite a midrange disc as it has the putter float to the discs.

Last edited:
Anyone have a profile pic of a DX Lion? Any more flight reviews would be great as well.

Please and thanks

Anyone have a profile pic of a DX Lion? Any more flight reviews would be great as well.

Please and thanks

The pink one is a DX roc and the yellow is the DX lion.

Attachments

• 15977246098134438669501913955958.jpg
    15977246098134438669501913955958.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 66