• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lone Star Classic WTF

The third round is back on the Met Center course.

Was the 2nd round always supposed to be on a 2nd course? IDK, but it seems possible that the COVID restrictions only affected that course? Just a thought.

Round two was supposed to be at Circle C which is a really awesome course in South Austin. City of Austin decided back in February that they wouldn't be issuing permits for any events in city parks until next fall, so the td's had to scramble to find a place.

So I dunno if anybody caught it or not, Bradley's commentary on his own tee shot on 18 R2...said he was going fairway off the tee and had been doing a bunch of kegels lately😂😂😂

I caught it, made me LOL and my wife looked at me funny because she wasn't paying attention and wondered what made me laugh watching round coverage. Also FYI, men can do kegels also - it's just an exercise for the pelvic floor muscles

Side note, really enjoyed Perkins and BW on the coverage. BW has so much love for the game and I thought he provided some really solid dg nuggets of wisdom throughout all 3 rounds.

Williams is already one of the very best commentators among the players. Other than Sexton and Jerm (individually, not necessarily together) he may be the best.

Watched the 2nd round of MPO last night. Very interesting course and fun to watch. Not typical of what you see on tour, but it didn't bug me too much. Maybe one or two holes, like the 180 footer with the tight triple mando seemed a little kitschy. I liked the green on the 3rd hole, just wish it was visible from the tee.

The commentary duo was not my fave. I think that B-Will has a lot of knowledge to offer, but he needs a more personable/likeable character to lighten up the mood. Perkins is not that (obviously just my opinion).

Bradley comes across as an intelligent guy who knows the game, knows the mechanics of form, and knows the course and strategy options. I agree that he is one of the best, if not the best, technical commentators out there now. His commentary adds to the coverage. Some of the other commentators seem more interested in providing diversionary entertainment/humor. That can be entertaining on its own but is still a sideshow to what is happening on the course.

If any of the channels were to start doing slow-mo swing analyses off the tee - as is common with PGA coverage - Bradley would be a good one to cover it.

Perkins exaggerated attempt at a low pitch commentator voice is better suited to commentating on p0rn.

So I dunno if anybody caught it or not, Bradley's commentary on his own tee shot on 18 R2...said he was going fairway off the tee and had been doing a bunch of kegels lately😂😂😂

He said it super casual and I'm sure 99% of disc golfers don't know the female anatomy. Perkins didn't respond so I dunno if he didn't catch it either or was gonna just leave it alone.

I've met the dude once...years ago when he was Gateway sponsored...they installed a new course in my area...showed up to help drop baskets and got to play with him, Nikko, Justin Bunnell...STL legend for a while...apparently in Nashville now sponsored by Prodigy, and of course Dave Mac.

Bradley was super friendly and you could tell he had a love for the game. Got the vibe he's a super intelligent dude, very dry sense of humor, and not much of a filter...I can understand how he acquired his nickname. My own take was if you actually got to know him you'd like him a lot, but if your only interaction was competing against him at a tournament you might have a different opinion. Also got the vibe he has very high expectations of himself, and sometimes that bleeds over into some trash talk, or probably more accurately comes across as trash talk if there's not a filter.

Side STL note, cool to see "The Kid" win Throw Down the Mountain. He was an outright stud in the early to mid 2000's in the Midwest, but was also an insanely good bowler and fisher. Dude was trying to become a legit pro at 3 different things at once hoping one would stick and launch a career. I think he was away from dg for a while, or at least on a pro competing level. Cool to see him hold his own still.

Pretty sure any gen x and later male DGer who has kids has at least some idea what Kegels are. It's not the 1950s anymore and dads do things like go to birthing classes and prenatal and postpartum dr. visits now. Also not sure what kegels have to do with throwing a fairway driver? Unless he was saying that he was a little puckered watching it fly?

Pretty sure any gen x and later male DGer who has kids has at least some idea what Kegels are. It's not the 1950s anymore and dads do things like go to birthing classes and prenatal and postpartum dr. visits now. Also not sure what kegels have to do with throwing a fairway driver? Unless he was saying that he was a little puckered watching it fly?
He could also have been referring to pelvic floor stabilization. Having a strong pelvic floor can't hurt power generation through the core. I definitely had them recommended to me by a physical therapist as an ancillary exercise when I had lower back pain a few years ago. They aren't just a pregnancy related tool.

He could also have been referring to pelvic floor stabilization. Having a strong pelvic floor can't hurt power generation through the core. I definitely had them recommended to me by a physical therapist as an ancillary exercise when I had lower back pain a few years ago. They aren't just a pregnancy related tool.

That would make sense, maybe it would have made more sense watching it. The way it was presented in the post I was having trouble making heads or tails of it

Don't have any kids, so my limited kegel experience deals with making certain activities more enjoyable.

Not being familiar with any of the practical uses of strengthening those muscles I took his remark as a joke.

Perkins I actually don't mind, he's gotten better through experience and adds a decent amount of I sit into how a player would be thinking about a hole.

Bradley has some great technical knowledge and seems to be pretty good at relaying it as well. Plus he can be pretty funny at times. "Vine Yard"

I think they could both be better with other commentators than together. Their voices are a little too close sometimes, and they both speak in a very even pitch. I think either one of them with someone who can be more animated on a broadcast like Terry or Jerm could be interesting.

The DG nerd in me wants a Nate Sexon/ Bradley Williams broadcast to break down ever detail to an extreme degree, but that might not be good listening for your average audience.

Perkins I actually don't mind, he's gotten better through experience and adds a decent amount of I sit into how a player would be thinking about a hole.

Bradley has some great technical knowledge and seems to be pretty good at relaying it as well. Plus he can be pretty funny at times. "Vine Yard"

I think they could both be better with other commentators than together. Their voices are a little too close sometimes, and they both speak in a very even pitch. I think either one of them with someone who can be more animated on a broadcast like Terry or Jerm could be interesting.

The DG nerd in me wants a Nate Sexon/ Bradley Williams broadcast to break down ever detail to an extreme degree, but that might not be good listening for your average audience.

I agree with you. Actually think that Williams and Uliberri would be interesting. They both have a ton of knowledge and could really geek out on some technical/strategy stuff and Uli is hilarious and would liven things up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate naturally has a very bass-y voice. That's not even exaggerated

I met the guy in person and purchased several discs. Dude's voice wasn't even close to his commentator voice. But then again...he's way up close to the mic when he's commenting, could have something to do with it.

I met the guy in person and purchased several discs. Dude's voice wasn't even close to his commentator voice. But then again...he's way up close to the mic when he's commenting, could have something to do with it.

Not the experience I had meeting him. Same voice he's had in podcast interviews as well as on other commentary that he does.

Latest posts