• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

long straight throws with mid-range

Cobra with a slight hyzer angle release.

To the OP, I'd start with a DX Cobra. They're cheap and easy to find. Academy Sports has them.

Ask friends and anybody else that's pretty nice to let you have a few throws with their mids. You'll find something you can use.

54 years of experience suggests a DX Cobra. I think that makes it worth a try. :thmbup:

54 years of experience suggests a DX Cobra. I think that makes it worth a try. :thmbup:

I'll go ahead and bump that up to 57 :) It's the only disc that has been in my bag every single round since I started. If I need a midrange distance right finish or dead straight hyzer flip there is no question what I'm pulling out. Seasoned DX Cobra.

Though now they have switched to the Ontario mold... I guess I'll try some lighter weight ones if I ever lose or destroy my stack of "classic" Cobras.

You certainly can! But no disc stays the same regardless so you're still fighting the same battle.

Myself, I am partial to x comets for that shot if you are not wanting to cycle anything. They're beautiful fliers.

^this. I am WAAAAAAY far from being a pro ( only playing a few months) but I decided to try a comet a few weeks ago and OMFG!! I just reach back and throw this thing and it just goes dead straight for what seems like forever. I have been using it to learn to control my OAT issues because I have seen it on several pplaces that it really punishes a bad release but when I hit it right........250 feet dead straight with absolutely no fade. Love it.

Last edited:
Finally I have a Mako in my bag that is pretty much a dead nuts straight flyer out to 250' or so for me. I tend not to throw the Mako for straight shots as I don't really trust it yet and would rather flex a Buzzz.

I got a Mako recently. No kidding on "dead nuts straight flyer." For me, it is not that I don't trust the Mako, it is that I can't trust me. What ever angle you throw it on it holds, and I am not yet consistent enough with my release... :-/

Have to add another plug for the Mako! Loves me a star Mako for those less than full power straight shots.

Comet can be super-straight if thrown right.

Best I have found so far is a Fuzion Truth. Straight as a Comet, but way more forgiving. Don't know if all Fuzion Truths are like that, but the one I have in my bag is ridiculously straight.

Latest posts