• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Long Term Storage of Discs... Do's and Don'ts.

fffishy

Bogey Member
Thanks for taking a look and giving me tips here.

Well, I have a whole lot of nice rare discs from my lake raking adventure. I'm sure some of you saw those threads...

Besides what I play with, 5 wizards (2 clear, 2 soft, 1 glow), 5 rocs (1 champ classic, 2 dx flat tops, 1 echo san marino, 1 11x kc pro), star katana, first run pro katana, and 2 star bosses, I am going to store everything else away. The few people who have seen all of these discs I found got googly eyed, so I want to keep them safe.

CE stuff, old dx, lots of first runs, just sweet stuff I want to bust out in ten years and really admire.

So do I want to store them vertically or what?

I would say store them vertically. I have seen someone store them in one of those plastic storage containers. Got a pool noodle and cut it down the middle. Puts those in the bottom of the plastic storage container and sets discs in there standing up. Couldn't find a picture.

I would say store them vertically. I have seen someone store them in one of those plastic storage containers. Got a pool noodle and cut it down the middle. Puts those in the bottom of the plastic storage container and sets discs in there standing up. Couldn't find a picture.

^^ This is exactly what I do. I got the idea from someone here. $7 for each of the totes and $1 for a pool noodle. After tax, it's around $8.50 and each tote holds ~40 discs:

DSC03028.JPG

DSC03029.JPG

Thats it...Nice collection of discs to, for only playing a year.

It's actually only 11 months, but thanks :p

I've bought/sold/traded at least 250-300 discs since last August. All the discs in the bins are destined for someone else's bag. Tournament entry discs, winnings, trades, and misprints, oh my.

That's a great idea. Thanks.

The other thing that I'd recommend is to make sure that if the discs rest squarely on each other to put a post-it, piece of blue painters tape, or something in between the discs so that they don't suction together.

Keep them out of light as well, all plastic breaks down in the sun over time.

If they have been in the water then you want to keep them in the water.
They did this on the Titanic item recovery mission.
You should just fill your bathtub up with cold water and place all the discs down in there.
Make sure they stay covered.

I hollowed out my walls and used the discs for insulation. I'll be darned if the revenuers are gonna find my stash.

Spend the extra money and get the bins. I use the same one you see your td's use and they work great. You save alot more space then using regular clear bins(which I have used for years) and you dont have to worry about discs getting bent or anything because the box gets shifted or anything like that. The bins are made for the width of the discs and stack on top of each other making it easy to move multiple bins and saving the space between plastic clear bins.

I just store mine in an old armoire.

dsc0130z.jpg

Backup Rocs and Drivers up top and about 1/3 of my putters on the bottom(the rest are in the basement with my basket). Plastic bags are mostly new CE's and USDGC Rocs.

If they have been in the water then you want to keep them in the water.
They did this on the Titanic item recovery mission.
You should just fill your bathtub up with cold water and place all the discs down in there.
Make sure they stay covered.

Hahahaha.

Thank you guys...

Good ideas.

I especially like the one that suggests I put them in the bathtub...
LOL

These ones didn't break down like discs do normally in water. This place was very deep, cold, anoxic, and dark. Preserved them like they were when thrown in....

Latest posts