• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] LONGEST DRIVER YOU'VE THROWN

Longest Driver you've thrown

• DD2 Frenzy

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Crank

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Nuke SS

• Ape

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Boss

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Katana

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Tern

Votes: 70 18.8%
  • Dominator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katana

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Vulcan

• Halo

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Havoc

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Bolt

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Cannon

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Quasar

• D1

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • D2

• D3

• D4

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • D5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lace

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • UnLace

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • King

Votes: 26 7.0%

• Total voters
All over into a head wind most likely. Conspidering to get the most out of it, it needs to be throw it On the edge of turning all the way over and having it turn laterally a good distance before fading. That's why people only throw it into an open field. Super touchy and if you dont get into enough or in the sweet spot. It acts entirely different and super overstable at lower speeds. Like a cannon. Super long, but touchy and not very easy to throw other than max D.

I throw a Star Tern and i gotta say it does turn more into a headwind but doesn't go all the way over , a headwind changes it from a nice S curve to a huge flexey S curve for me.

Why does it have to be a uber speed disc ?

I know plenty of people that can throw a Destroyer, or a Wraith farther than anything you have listed.

I do like how easy it is to throw a mega speed disc far.
I love my King, and my Vulcans, and my no bubble bubble Katana, but honestly, I've thrown my Northman just as far on the right day.

Why does it have to be a uber speed disc ?

I know plenty of people that can throw a Destroyer, or a Wraith farther than anything you have listed.

I do like how easy it is to throw a mega speed disc far.
I love my King, and my Vulcans, and my no bubble bubble Katana, but honestly, I've thrown my Northman just as far on the right day.

It doesnt have to be, I was limited to 25 options via the poll limit. I could of had 50 discs on there really. I allowed write ins and Destroyer lead that category with 12. Wraith had a good showing too.

My secret objective was to see if any discs stood out above others. I added the speed 12 Tern to see if it was the one due to the hype. I now will have to buy a Tern to give it a run before snow starts flying.

Notes 38 Tern, 0 Dominator. The results are pretty telling.

I can get it around the trees but anything i'm usually flexing that far is gonna fade back right hard and end up near pin high and 30-35 feet short , if i make the putt that's awesome but if i miss it's rolling .

Yeah its definitely a, should I lay this up or go for it kinda putt..

don't kill me i'm reviving this thread.
what's everyone's answer now? did anyone's answer recently change?

some holes are just too long, and we all need some distance.
I think I'll pick the blizzard katana in calmer conditions, flat ground. I get mine out to around 380 maybe.

do they make blizzard terns?

Well I wasn't around when this thread was started.

For max distance, in a wide open, flat, hole, I always use my 175g Star Katana. With a big run up, and a bit of hyzer, the katana flips up and just glides so perfectly before fading back and sometimes even skipping forwards.

I agree, I do all that but with my blizzard katana, since I have a semi noodle arm.
but the flight sounds similar

Tern all the way. When I catch that disc just right, its easily the longest in my bag.

Just can't trust it with any sort of wind.

I've fallen in love my terns lately. My star Tern is some of the easiest distance I can remember.

Got one domey, not so stable 400s D1 that just bombs. Put a tad bit of hyzer on it and it will turn over nicely and fade back.

Champion Tern was the longest disc I've thrown, but I don't bag one because they seem squirrely and have a lot of lateral movement. I'll pull out a seasoned Star or fresh Pro Destroyer for max D any day of the week!

Now that I've figured out how wide and how high I need to throw it on a hyzer-flip distance line to get a full flight, I'd have to change my answer to unLace.

Latest posts