• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Look at These Two Drives

toothyfish

* Ace Member *
First vid is a drive with a mid-range, second vid is a drive with a Fairway....

Let me know what you see good and bad, please.

Balance is behind your heels as your head is up and not leading the whip with the hip. You need to keep turning further back with the hips/shoulder/disc coming down to plant with your head more over the disc and balance toward the toes(stay off the rear heel). Let your weight transfer to the front leg and brace the spine before starting to swing forward.

This is good video for comparison. Watch them turning backwards later, and the disc moves forward later, head is looking down during throw, and balanced in the finish on the plant foot.

These will help:

Thanks! Great vid! I've often questioned if my step is too big and my weight is on both feet rather than fully transferred.

It's not that the plant step is too big, it's that you are opening up before the plant/weight transfer. You sit too long on the rear foot trying to shift your weight back too far(leaning back instead of turning back) and get off balance past good posture. Staying more centered dynamically will help keep lighter on the rear toes to move more athletically.

It's not that the plant step is too big, it's that you are opening up before the plant/weight transfer. You sit too long on the rear foot trying to shift your weight back too far(leaning back instead of turning back) and get off balance past good posture. Staying more centered dynamically will help keep lighter on the rear toes to move more athletically.

Thanks. I went back out today and worked on it. I did shorten up the plant step a touch to make sure I had shifted my weight. I also tried not to kill it. Helped quite a bit.
I'll work on that next bit of advice (sitting/leaning vs turning) as well.