• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lookin for an outside the circle putter

jhilton

Bogey Member
I'm looking for an outside of the circle putter in the Trilogy brands. Something with a ton of glide that is going to float easily.

I putt inside the circle with Warden's, just can't float them far enough with my normal putting style from outside of the circle.

I'm looking for an outside of the circle putter in the Trilogy brands. Something with a ton of glide that is going to float easily.

I putt inside the circle with Warden's, just can't float them far enough with my normal putting style from outside of the circle.

Before going and spending money on a different putter....

Try something, give your putts that you're not quite to the basket yet with a bit more height and a touch of anny out of your hand. I was convinced I needed to buy a floatier putter outside the circle...

Then one of the local pros yelled at me and told me to do just what I said. I no longer need outside the circle putters.

Give it a shot before buying a different putter, you might find it works!

I went with the lighter disc option. I have a 140 g Skeeter that is easy to spin putt with a nice easy glide from 80 feet out.

By the time I get to the circle, I'm approaching, not putting. But the putters in my bag- Aviars, Polecats, Wizard, Justice, Deputy & Birdie all work great for approaches out to 120 feet except for the Birdie- and that probably sucks for me because it's so much lighter than all the other discs I'm using.

I putt Judges, and for long putts I just use my most beat in Judge and make sure to get it nice and nose up for some extra glide. I think it's more about adjusting technique rather than buying a different mold.

I also play with a guy that switches to his understable mid for putting past his putter's comfort zone. So that's another option you could try without spending money.

However, if you really want to try new plastic (and I don't blame you, I do it too) then ray1970's suggestion is spot on. Daggers were literally designed for that purpose -- to be able to glide out a few extra feet on putts without having to actually putt harder. There's a Dave Feldberg video out there somewhere where he describes the design, and honestly it is spot on. It's not just marketing, Daggers truly are floaty long range putting machines. The downside is that they also roll away worse than any other putter I've tried, and are horrible windy day putters.

I went with the lighter disc option. I have a 140 g Skeeter that is easy to spin putt with a nice easy glide from 80 feet out.

My dad tried the mold when it first came out with a higher dome 172-173 gram disc but it was being used for the same slot as his Rubber Putter that is 172 grams so He gave the disc to my brother who has the DX Skeeter in his other bag for those who want to play but do not have a bag of discs.

The Lat64 Spike, zero medium, is my choice. It holds a line better than your typical putter. It has a flat feel, similar to a Harp, which I use in windy conditions.

I agree with TurkeyVulture anny putts are excellent. You can play a tight, straight line without thowing so hard that you blow by the basket

Latest posts