• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a bit more feedback

Snailpowered

Par Member
Thanks to everyone active on this forum, my technique has dramatically improved. I am reaching the 450ft mark quite frequently as long as I dont try to put too much into my throw. The "hit" and "snap are always talked about and I am quite sure I have the "snap" down as I now see my discs taking very different line compared to what they used to take, I guess people have discussed it as "hyper spin" as the disc spins fast enough to remain stable longer into the flight. I referred to it as the disc acting "lazy" in a recent post.
So guys, what else can I work on? I know this isnt the best angle and I will try to upload a better one tonight to add.

thanks

here is another video, from the front. Not to make excuses on this one but I wasnt looking for max distance on these, just trying to hit a mount about 400ft out. but none the less Im sure there is some thing I can work on

orlando?

I was watching those videos and thought, that looks alot like where my parents live(orlando). And then I looked at your top right info and that is where youre at. whoa man:doh:. What discs and weights are you throwing?

What is your distance driver of choice? Your throwing nose up when you should be throwing nose down. This could be partially due to your grip, how your coming through after your back swing & is most likely a byproduct of improper weight transfer. Your hips are opening up when you should be shifting them. When you are at full extension from your back swing your shoulders should mirror each other or your right shoulder (RHBH) or it should be even a little bit farther then your left shoulder (depending on your style of backhand). Your not doing this right now your right shoulder isn't mirroring your left it'actually shorter than your left. Maybe trying not doing a "pro hop" during your X-Step, try staying on the ground & staying smooth. I know when I quit hoping & started staying on the ground my accuracy improved a lot & I gained a little distance. Since your getting 450ft it's all about the little things now, this is where every little things matters. Tweaking a few little things can add up to a few more feet of distance. It took me about three months of field work & rounds every to every other day to get from 450ft consistently to 475ft consistently. Go luck I hope I could help you a little.

Check out this thread, it helped me out
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91096

Will talks about the back swing (mirroring your shoulders) & shifting your hips in the video vvv

Last edited:
Flat footed balance, reaching back early and throwing/leaning your upper body back and forth too far. Keep your upper body more centered/athletic balanced and turn back away later with your hand never being further away than your rear foot. By your upper body moving so far your shoulder is moving forward and not releasing the whole arm, and also lose leverage from the rear leg/hip.

Latest posts