• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Looking for a Trilogy Teebird...

CWSfan16

Bogey Member
Over the past year, I have been slowly switching to Trilogy (mainly DD).

Putters = Judges
Mids = Truths and EMac Truths
Drivers = Defenders and Sheriffs

However, I have not been able to find a replacement for Teebirds in Trilogy plastic... Teebirds are an absolute staple in my bag. I always have at least 4 in my bag, with plenty of backups in my car.

I have tried Stags, but they seem to almost go too far with their glide.
I have tried Escapes and Thiefs, but they are too flippy.
I have heard that the River Pro is more overstable, but I have not thrown one yet.

Any other suggestions for a Trilogy Teebird?

From what I am hearing, the River Pro will be your "Teebird" disc. It's part of the Trilogy Challenge now, and will most likelyu come out in production this Autumn.

Judging by the fact that you're throwing defenders I'd assume you have at least 400-450 feet of power- where are you putting your truths? Honestly I roll with fast driving putters-fast mids-volt+escape-defenders and don't have any real gaps. A stag is right around where a volt is distance wise so I could see it as being about the right disc. I'd actually suggest a speed 8-9, but to answer your question a spark would be close and a river pro would be a little closer.

I really like the Stag, but your right it's longer than a run of the mill TB for me as well. The new River Pro could be good, and honestly I don't dislike the St.Pro here. It's faster but it's a little more stable to keep it a bit shorter. The Recycled Sparks aren't that far off either and the speed is better.

Why are you going all one company? Did you get sponsored?!

Also, escapes are not flippy. They are the first thing that came to mind.

Saint pro maybe, but I would wait for the river pro.

Let me reiterate, why are you fixing something that isnt broken, and is such a "staple" in your bag with 4 of one mold with back ups in the car to boot?

Why are you going all one company? Did you get sponsored?!

Also, escapes are not flippy. They are the first thing that came to mind.

Saint pro maybe, but I would wait for the river pro.

Let me reiterate, why are you fixing something that isnt broken, and is such a "staple" in your bag with 4 of one mold with back ups in the car to boot?

I guess I have always been a little stubborn about companies. I do understand your perspective.

I guess I have always been a little stubborn about companies. I do understand your perspective.

Most things do not have to be an all or nothing type deal.

Throw what you love. Or youll probably come back to them a year or two later and be heartbroken you ever strayed.

Teebirds are special. Wipe the stamp and pick between Lat64, DD, and Westside for your new custom stamp.

For the record, I'm generally a Discraft fan. Teebirds and Firebirds are two discs I'm not trying real hard to replace. When a disc is officially an "oldie but a goody" (a la Teebird or Comet or Buzzz), I'd rather just buy it from the company that started the fad instead of one of the many imitators. It's generally easier to find replacements for the original, too...

Gl and opto Saints fill that slot nicely for me, i had a difficult time pulling my Tbirds out of the bag, don't really miss them anymore fwiw

Yeah this is a tough one. I'd say stick with Teebirds, they are just so good at what they do. But a Saint Pro can do some of the shots, although I feel it has less HSS. A normal Saint I haven't thrown for a while but they get far more understable and I feel like they are a faster speed class too. Almost like a more stable Thief since you have experience with that...I got in way more problems throwing a Saint on shots compared to a Teebird. The Spark could do what an overstable Teebird does but it is a little different, the fade is stronger IIRC. These are all good discs but all slightly different. I have not thrown a River Pro. The only disc I have thrown that I felt flies the same as several glidey to fade Teebirds I have tried is the Rival, but that is not Trilogy. I feel like you can almost throw a Felon as the very overstable Teebird too...more fade and speed but I find it hits a lot of shots I can use a very beefy champ Teebird for. Sounds crazy but it is what it is. Basically instead of 4 Teebirds expect to potentially have 3 or 4 different molds. If it was me I would look at a couple Saint Pro's -> Spark -> Felon to start with, although I haven't thrown the Spark enough to see where it and the Felon really separate.

I understand my Saint Pro is an oddity but still feels nothing like the Teebird and Saint really? In what world is a Saint and a Teebird ever comparable? Either way both are way longer.
Felon is generally longer but more OS. Spark is close but I found has a ton more fade more Banshee than TB.
Stag and Longbow I haven't thrown.
I'm excited about the River Pro I personally like the feeling of Opto and Biofuzion/Recycled plastic but based on the reports here my champ TB is not getting replaced but my Star probably will be, and depending on how the River Pro beats in and flys after several months the River might get replaced as well.

Just can't replace a Teebird.

Trilogy doesn't make one.

I felt flat trident, once seasoned, waa close to a champ tb. Really liked it. They start more like banshees.

From the little bit of experience of throwing TBs I would say slightly lighter weight GL Spark (168-172) they may have a touch more fade but they go out nice and strong

Convict for me. Two Lucids, one is domey and one flat. Flat one is a bit more flippy, the domey one goes dead straight for me. Fluid Escape is also something worth checking.

rival was not close to teebird to me. maybe a overstable one.

Latest posts