• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for some critique

bucky926

Bogey Member
Vid is below, here's a little information. I'm getting consistent accurate throws up to about 350 right now. In the vid I'm not throwing a power line as much as a controlled line. Both discs came out straight and went about 325-350. When I try to really accelerate at the end I do get a bit more distance, but it doesn't feel fluid and I often end up off the line. I think I can improve shifting my weight into my plant foot but I'm not sure where to start with that. Right now I'm trying to increase my distance without strongarming and losing accuracy. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Embed is being a pain so here's the link.

https://youtu.be/QgcuW45Y4xA

Well, I'm not sw22. But comparing you to will schusterick, here are some things I notice.

You back knee isn't bent inward during your throw.
You seem to forcing yourself to look backwards even though it looks like you can be looking more straight out. Not sure what that would effect, but it might be messing something up.
Your disc seems a bit high up on your chest.

During the throw, Will's left foot is turned in and he is pushing off with his toe and his knee is bent. During your throw, your left foot is still pointed away from the target, knee is not bent, so you probably aren't getting any help during your throw from your left leg.
Not 100% sure how to fix your problems, hopefully someone else with chime in. Maybe just seeing what's wrong will help you though.

Will%20S_zpspqbvvywr.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Random%20Guy_zpsjjmy6cb8.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I noticed that about my left leg as well. Watching that video of McBeth, Feldberg, Koling, and Schusterick throwing in slow mo, all have that left knee bent. I think it's transferring their weight from the back of the body into the plant, but I'm not sure. I know I'm doing something wrong with that transfer because it feels clunky and looks like it too. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback

So I went out trying to fix this and I'm still having issues. Instead of shifting my weight, I think I'm focusing on accelerating the disc too much. The vids were helpful, but I'm not sure how to use my rear foot to leverage my weight into the plant. Hope that makes sense.

It's all about getting balanced on the front leg, shifting balance to the front leg axis.