• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Looking for something like the King but ...

Yep, been there.

I throw 168g VIP Catapults now but no one else likes 'em.

I get King distance with much more reliable behavior in wind.

Doesn't ride a tail wind for bonus distance like a King, but doesn't drift 150' right in a headwind either. Very tight S Curve and always bombs for me.

HL Star Tern, S Line DDx, or goldline Ballista if you're looking for something on the max speed end of things.

HL Star Tern, S Line DDx, or goldline Ballista if you're looking for something on the max speed end of things.

Just threw a Tern today -- not enough glide. Touched 400 once. ... Ballista is on the way. DDx is next if the Catapult and Ballista don't work out. Great suggestion -- never even heard of it. I used to throw a PD2 but lost it. It flew straight with a lot of glide. Never found another one like it, so I moved on.

Not trying to be argumentative, cause a Tern does have a TON of glide. To say that no driver has more glide though, there is some glidey stuff out there. Ever thrown a tourney hatchet? Can get crazy flippy but my god the glide on those things is like nothing I have seen. Makes it a amazing winter driver when more standstill drives are required.

Just threw a Tern today -- not enough glide. Touched 400 once. ... Ballista is on the way. DDx is next if the Catapult and Ballista don't work out. Great suggestion -- never even heard of it. I used to throw a PD2 but lost it. It flew straight with a lot of glide. Never found another one like it, so I moved on.

No driver has more glide than a Tern.

Yeah if the Tern doesn't have enough glide I'm not sure what you're looking for. The DDx and Ballista don't have the same glide especially in the low speed portion of the flight.

Not trying to be argumentative, cause a Tern does have a TON of glide. To say that no driver has more glide though, there is some glidey stuff out there. Ever thrown a tourney hatchet? Can get crazy flippy but my god the glide on those things is like nothing I have seen. Makes it a amazing winter driver when more standstill drives are required.

I guess I was thinking about drivers in the same or very close in rim width. Yeah, there's some really glidey 7/8/9 stuff out there.

Latest posts