• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for the highest tee off.

I looked up the hole 18 video @ solitude and I noticed the high winds in the video. I wonder if the winds are always a issue on those ski slope holes.

Hole 14 @ Winter Park, Kewaunee, WI:
e69c3c66.jpg

Hole 18 @ Elver Park, Madison, WI
3452d6fa.jpg

WOW, just some staggering scenary on some of these pics and videos. Wallowing in the dead of winter here in Michigan, it is good to be reminded of the natural beauty that make our game great.

Was the pic on the cover of Flying Disc Magazine?

I remember seeing an awesome elevated tee on the cover of a disc golf magazine several years ago. I believe it was a part time Colorado course that was a ski resort during winter.

I couldn't find the pic on the interwebs but this is the course from the cover of Flying Disc Magazine
Willamette Pass Alpine DGC it's in Oregon

Found a short video of one of the holes...
video link

8937573b.jpg

Hole 9 Hunter mountain Hunter NY. Pin is about 60 right of the yurt.

Hah! I watched that and though "dang, that chick had a pretty good pull" and then realized I knew her. I'm not ashamed to admit that she handily beat me in match play once. :thmbup:

Sheila has beat many a dude for sure. I always enjoyed the few rounds I did get to play with her and Andrew.

Maybe the course in Leadville, Colorado? Thats like 14,000 feet I believe

Hole 18 @ Elver Park, Madison, WI
3452d6fa.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My last time playing this hole, this past summer: It was nearing dark and three different groups ending up throwing at the same time; from this tee. I'm proud to say that I was either closest or second to CTP.

I'm much less proud to say: I ended up taking a four! :doh:

I looked up the hole 18 video @ solitude and I noticed the high winds in the video. I wonder if the winds are always a issue on those ski slope holes.

Not always

This thread has some serious potential. Keep the vids and pics coming :thmbup:

Highest tee off is from whatever pad I'm standing on... Oh you meant height, not how high I am :)

Not the highest, but a fun shot. Hole #3 on the final 9 safari course at Brent Hambrick, "The Dam Shot". Thrown from the concrete tower on top of the dam, over the trees, and to the basket for regular hole #5, which is just out of the picture to the left.
a6d99408.jpg

Closer shot of the "tee box"
e554b0ea.jpg

Another one is hole #1 on the temporary westside course. Thrown from the top of the dam straight down to a 30'x30' island green. OB everywhere except the green, and water to the left.

Last edited:
Hole 11 at China Peak has to be in this discussion

Latest posts