• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost disc scenario...right or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Or try to sell it to a local?

That would be a HUGE disaster for him, as many people as we have that know about this already his reputation as a seller/traded would be totally vanquished.

I'm relatively certain he's gonna try and do the right thing, haven't gotten a message yet though... :(

you know what, YOU can kiss my a$$ because it's a $40 f***ing disc and I don't have a backup. WITH MY NAME AND NUMBER IN THE RIM. Give it a rest?!? You are outta your damn mind son. And actually I was being really cool about til I read this.

And yes, it's mine. Not in my bag. It's MINE. Well technically right now it's on loan to Chris.

FREAKOUT!~!!!!@#$!%$!@$#

I think the moral of this story here is to keep better track of your discs (especially your only first-run-CE-expensive-ubercool-$40-inked-disc)... so you don't have to deal with things like this.

Even if the guy found it I'm pretty sure it's still against the law to sell it right away like that. I know that if you find money you are required to spend a certain amount of time looking for the owner before you can keep it, I'm sure there has to be a similar law with personal property.

Unfortunately, just because a name and number is on the disc doesn't mean that it automatically comes back to you if lost. If this dude took it out of your bag, that would be worthy of internet harassment. A lack of phone call is poor etiquette, but not illegal.

Some people will find discs and keep it regardless.

I had a guy call me a couple months ago about a disc that he found that had my number on it. Turned out it was a disc that I Traded to someone and they had lost it.

I think the moral of this story here is to keep better track of your discs (especially your only first-run-CE-expensive-ubercool-$40-inked-disc)... so you don't have to deal with things like this.

You are trolling me, I get it.

Understand, I lost two like-new Gremlins in the last year b/c I was against inking such a beautiful disc. THAT is why now I ink everything I throw whether it's a $100 pearly Gator or a dirt-cheap putter. B/c if I accidentally lose it (pretty sure nobody loses them on purpose), I want a chance at getting it back, however remote that may be.

You either don't know me or haven't dealt with me on here, b/c if you had you wouldn't be talking out your ass like this. Hope you have a fantastic day, sir. Get you an ace this weekend.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, just because a name and number is on the disc doesn't mean that it automatically comes back to you if lost. If this dude took it out of your bag, that would be worthy of internet harassment. A lack of phone call is poor etiquette, but not illegal.

Technically, it is. Is it enforced? Not really.

Don't be a dink blur. People like getting their lost items back. That's why they put their contact info on it.

I'm not debating whether people like getting lost items back but...

I loose discs with my name on it all the time and don't expect to get them back.

Guess I just have a different mentality on this. I just play at a course where there are water hazards with non-retrievable areas to loose discs. These discs sit there till some of the local transients dive in and pull out the discs and sell them for $5 a pop.

I've seen CE, 11x, first run, etc. etc. come out of that water.

So tell me the ethics of that? If you saw a $5 CE disc with a name on it that was obviously in the drink for months if not longer, would you feel obligated to buy the disc and call the number? Will the transients call these numbers?

I have even seen discs with my name and number that these guys have pulled out of the water and paid $5 to get them back. Sometimes I left it on the table for someone else to buy.

IMHO, if you loose a disc, it is lost and you are SOL with that disc, it is not the RESPONSIBILITY of the finder to call the number on there, it is only courteous.

Just my thought, but I don't throw or use discs I couldn't handle loosing.

BOOYAH!!! Got a reply:

"Hi Pablo, It's for sure your Gremlin and I would be glad to meet up with you. I bought it from my roommate for $10, he said he called your number... Anyways I live south so maybe we can meet up south? I'll call you this evening"

Well I definitely never got a call but I don't care about that.

I replied that I will gladly give him the $10 back along with another disc. And that I really appreciate it more than he even knows.

/SAGA
/DRAMA

@Blur, there is a huge difference between a disc that's been in the drink for months or found by a transient, and a local Austin golfer that finds it in a fairway minutes after being "lost". You have a different mentality, that of a contrarian.

Last edited:
BOOYAH!!! Got a reply:

"Hi Pablo, It's for sure your Gremlin and I would be glad to meet up with you. I bought it from my roommate for $10, he said he called your number... Anyways I live south so maybe we can meet up south? I'll call you this evening"

Well I definitely never got a call but I don't care about that.

I replied that I will gladly give him the $10 back along with another disc. And that I really appreciate it more than he even knows.

/SAGA

:clap:

happy ending!!

I have never understood the people who do not atleast do a courtsey call on disc. I have returned several disc, that have had names. I have also had some tell me dont worry about it, but thanks for calling. I live fort worth and have returned some to Oklahoma and actually have a disc im trying to get back to Maine (if owner ever calls back again) from a disc found in Ft worth, that apparently was lost in Charlotte. I feel like their is bad karma if you dont call back. I found a Valk once in Crowley and decided i would hold it til the end of my round before i called...ended up loosing one of my own disc and having a lot of random bad rolls into a creek, i decided i had enough and called then to get the disc out of my bag. Shots were all fine after that.

Anyone else notice it's the two people with the longest "playing DG since" time that seem to be the most unlikeable in this thread? Weird. I figured after playing DG so long you'd understand common decency in the DG world.

Good job internet detectives.

You either don't know me or haven't dealt with me on here, b/c if you had you wouldn't be talking out your ass like this. Hope you have a fantastic day, sir. Get you an ace this weekend.

No need to take it out on me, I don't have your disc.

Didn't know you would be taking it so personally, I guess I just don't have as big of a concern for discs as you and was trying to get you to see that not everyone sees loosing a disc as the end of the world.

Good luck getting your disc back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts