• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lostDoughnut Progression

saw this posted on another persons form and feel it applies to myself too. i never thought about that specific motion. i moved without thinking about that.

You are picking your front foot up early before the swing passes the knee. The backswing should pull the front knee back just as it passes the knee.

You put yourself into some kinked up posture. Your spine is vertical or even tilted back, and you tilt your head/ear down into your shoulder.

Your left hip and shoulder needs to rise up to post up the backswing for the right hip/shoulder to swing back underneath it and the chin. Give yourself effortless space to swing back and forth in a tilted spiral over the disc.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ld posture tilt.jpg
    ld posture tilt.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 82
two throws in 1 video. my focus was :

pre address
dont strafe
keep knees straight at start
when disc passes knee during backswing then lift plant foot
during pre address rear foot comes up

things i tried to think of but i already had a hard time doing the above

figure 8
tilted spiral

it was really mentally tough to tell myself not to strafe as it felt weak. but i know that feeling is misleading. (the snow might have made it a bit difficult too, lol)

i was leaning back too i see. my poster wasnt very good.

Last edited:
Yeah stiff and snow doesn't help. It's going to feel very weird and different to change your posture and balance. Everything is inverted. You need to get your upper body more forward over top your shoulder/arm/disc and your lower body more back deeper away from the disc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogonOY1DoHU#t=40m

I don't think the pendulum backswing works with the hand above the disc, note how your arm/disc is rotated 180 degrees opposite of Antti at the top of the backswing and rotates inverse into the power pocket and your power pocket is collapsed as your body over-rotated open before shifting everything forward from behind/closed. You have to force your arm/disc to twist inverted like that, it is not passive.

Note how your shoulder/elbow go to the right and saw off the release arc. Note how Antti swings forward closed and releases everything wider out to the left.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ld antti reverse tilts copy 2.jpg
    ld antti reverse tilts copy 2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 80
i forgot what its like making a divot. over the course of some time i reverted back to strafing too far to the left. for me its such a hard habit to get rid of. :doh:. i remember this feeling though and glad to feel it again. def more room to improve

back of tee view, 2 throws, normal speed

chest view 2 throws, normal speed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 9.24.46 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 9.24.46 PM copy.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 76
should my feet stay pointed targetward as shown below?

or when i pick up my plant leg is it ok for my plant foot to turn away from target. below happened when i focused more on swinging within my poster/feet

The first two videos i was focusing on my legs, i didnt think too much about my swinging within poster. 3rd/4th videos i focused on swinging with my poster/feet

below is at the end of practice i just have fun and try not to think to hard. my primary thought was swinging the shoulder within my poster. mayb the video angle is wonky but i feel the video makes it look like i stride to the left too much

here a chest view of the first couple throws

this swing drill really struck a cord with me.:thmbup: . the only issue i felt was sometimes i felt like i was leaning back too much as by the end of my throw i had fallen to the right of the 'teepad'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFO7J3AV5Y#t=5m30s

You are never really balanced on your front leg(or rear leg).

3/4 much better than 1/2, watch my foot swing/kick freely in the double dragon - I'm not trying to maintain any angle/s, everything is free wheeling/flowing and dynamically balanced back and forth both directions.

When you pick up your front foot your upper body starts falling/tipping over away from target and front foot goes targetward.

You want your front foot to swing back underneath your upper body away from target, to counter upper body tilting targetward. It's going to feel weird at first, maybe even feel wrong. Free your mind!

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134167
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136487

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 1.15.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 1.15.34 AM.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 124
my forward address could be better

two throws chest view, normal speed

two throws back of tee, normal speed

towards the end of practice i went all out and...

some foreshadowing
20220114_164811.jpg

im a ok after that, just gotta wear my other shoes from now on:D

Kick back before swinging back. Swing lefty(two arms), so everything is mirrored back and forth and should help turn your shoulders further back. So swing lefty, right leg kick follows lefty swing, and right arm follows.

You end up tipping too far backward and have to lunge to recover balance. Helps to keep swinging back and forth over and over before throwing to stay more centered and don't over commit one-way or the other.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 7.03.28 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 7.03.28 PM copy.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 132
this is such a hard movement to get down, lol

getting my leg to swing first following by my arm is hard to do!!! my mind/muscle wants my arm to come up with my leg, not after. :wall:

my arms are not flinging out away from my body. i was thinking too hard about balancing and getting my shoulders rotated and lefty backswing

here is the show:popcorn:
i dont fall down this time!!
lol

You look a bit stiff/tight, not sure if you have mobility issue?

You are retracting your arms and not letting your arms swing or extend thru, which is probably why you can't get them to follow/lag behind the legs into the backswing. You extend them for the backswing, but not in the forward swing.

You look a bit stiff/tight, not sure if you have mobility issue?

You are retracting your arms and not letting your arms swing or extend thru, which is probably why you can't get them to follow/lag behind the legs into the backswing. You extend them for the backswing, but not in the forward swing.

i am dangerously uncoordinated at times. :doh:

one issue ive been working on along side the double dragon drill is whats shown in the links below. i throw down in the dirt sometimes, but the worst thing is my hand relative to the ground during the peak of my backswing is way to high

https://youtu.be/DLo97jXn5Wo?t=203

https://youtu.be/DLo97jXn5Wo?t=743

after doing it wrong for so long i think my muscles finally have something to work on to feel more correct. dunno how to explain it but some things i can be shown but until i do something else what is being conveyed to me in a video just doesnt click

having the muscle awareness of where i am at now the windmill drill is making sense.

https://youtu.be/DLo97jXn5Wo?t=440

'so just let your arm go and feel that big burst of inertia' that totally makes sense to me now :thmbup:

just to tell on myself even more, picture to show how high my arm gets. i also was wearing boots that are 1-2 sizes to large and felt like my feel were walking with cement blocks on
high downswing arm position.jpg