• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Low LSF for 300' tunnels at 75% power?

Cronemus

I used to use my opto saint for this shot, but it has been wanting to cut too hard right lately. F7 is what I've been using as a replacement, but I feel like I need to throw it too hard to get the straight flight path I'm looking for. River has a little too much fade at the end, and wants to turn too quickly if I give it too much speed. Love that glide though. I have a patriot that I haven't played with enough, maybe that's the answer? Bottom line, what's your go to disc for 300ish feet, dead nuts all the way if you back off on the power?

I've been using a beat star valk but it's getting squirrely. A champ sidewinder is starting to work well for this shot also.

Yeah, I'd second the recommendations here. You want a neutral/understable disc that's slightly beat in for that type of shot. I personally like beat Leopards or newer Roadrunners for that shot. I can see a beat Teebird or a seasoned FD working great as well.

Yeah, I'd second the recommendations here. You want a neutral/understable disc that's slightly beat in for that type of shot. I personally like beat Leopards or newer Roadrunners for that shot. I can see a beat Teebird or a seasoned FD working great as well.

Seasoned S-FD thrown flat or a hyzer-flipped Tournament Hatchet work well. Hyzer-flipping a Leopard can work, too, but nothing goes 300' dead straight like a seasoned DX Teebird.

I haven't thrown a teebird in a decade. Maybe it's time to stop continuously trying out new molds and go back to the classic. Valk and sidewinders have too much lateral movement for my line on this particular shot...I like the leopard and hatchet ideas though!

If you throw the f7 more it will just keep getting straighter. All prodigy seems to start out quite a bit different than their advertised flights. It's a fun disc to throw though. Very neutral. Still like the fd way better

A squall, g* FD or a seasoned DX eagle. I would feel very comfortable with all of those.

Assuming a RHBH shot, I'd either use my worn Buzzz or TL.

I can't throw 300' with only 75% power, but for long straight tunnels I used to use my slightly beat ESP Stalker until I lost it. My Ti is too overstable, so now I use a Crave. Just got an Inspire I might also try in this role since the Crave fades more than the Stalker did.

Assuming a RHBH shot, I'd either use my worn Buzzz or TL.

Usually my buzzz would come out as well but he said 75% power. My buzzz doesn't go dead straight 300' unless I'm throwing it with decent speed. I'm no noodle arm either. Maybe your power level is significantly higher though. A glidey fairway achieves the shot he's trying to make at that power requirement with ease.

Latest posts