• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Low LSF for 300' tunnels at 75% power?

The patriot I have is icon, and 174g. Way too new to have the straight LSF now, but I could see it beating into a beauty for that shot. I'd rather not throw mids at this length on this particular line...the ceiling isn't high enough, so I'm looking for a disc that I can fan grip (underpower a tad) and trust. I can get mids to 300 if I crank them, but run the risk of griplock or throwing too low due to the glide of mids compared to 6-8 speed discs. Discmania drivers and leopard seem like the obvious so far, thanks for all your guys' help!

Discmania has some great putters, fairway drivers, and distance drivers but I didn't throw any of their mids that I really liked. They aren't bad, just aren't great either

I used a gold line Saint for this - slightly beaten (lost that damn thing somewhere...). Otherwise a Warship, Core, Claymore or putter - but 300ft might be hard to reach with them at times. The Riot is great for tunnel shots as well - but might fade too much in this case.

A used champ Eagle L-mold around 168-170grams is perfect for this shot. Released with barely a degree or two of hyzer angle, flips up to flat and stays flat to the finish. L-mold is the key, X-mold has a stable finish.

If the wind isn't blowing I'd flip a stable Core and watch it glide. A little faster, a champ TL is a thing of beauty for straight low line shots with very little fade. TL3 has a little more dump but is less likely to turn, also. I like the TL mold better for this than using a beat teebird.

Latest posts