• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Lucid Verdict

I'm carrying a Lucid Verdict. I found it to be more HSS than the Pain or Mace. It feels good in the hand and can hold up to the wind. I throw a Truth for most of my midrange shots, and take out the Verdict for shots into the wind or if I need to curve a shot with an overstable mid.

Ha, no I guess not! Mine too. I use the OS slot for typical OS duties as they come up. My primary mid driver currently is a Vector. The Truth I got from membership was wacky - meathook. It starts going left after it leaves my hand and never looks back. I thought about using it for the OS slot, but it's actually too OS. If you think you might have a use for it, let me know.

Is it a truth or a truth stamped verdict? If it's a truth that you have come across that is that OS, you have me intrigued. PM me if you're looking to part ways. Of all the truths I've thrown, iI've never had a noticeable difference in LSS, even between plastics (and I'm talking fresh, not beat)...the noticeable attributes are the HSS that have ranged from 0 to -1.5...for me anyways (FYI I throw these out about 320'). I love these things so much whenever I hear there's a freak one, I want to throw it. Haven't found one yet... Until now... ?? :eek: Oh, and verdicts are the bee's knees

I have 2 lucid verdicts. 1 is pretty clear and is stable and straight with a nice late fade. The other is opaque and is only a 169 it's the most overstable mid I have like a glidey glo gator. Starts left when you let it go.

How do you compare the Lucid Verdict to an opto Pain? I use a Warship for 80% of mid duties, my Core covers the understable spot. What I am missing is something that can handle some headwind and the Pain is just not HSS enough. Does the Verdict have a lot more fade than the Pain?

I recently gave the Verdict a try for this same slot and I'm glad I did. Verdict has some good true hss and the fade isn't that bad...not like a Drone/Hornet/Gator/Viper fade, but healthy. In very strong winds (15mph+) with a hard, flat throw, it will still go straight, maybe track offline just a little bit. Sort of like the Pain does in lower wind speeds. I haven't been able to get the Verdict to flip yet, but sometimes the fade amount will vary depending on crosswinds, nose angle, or spin. It's a disc that is dependably straight - for real - and not grossly overstable. Pain is still my workhorse and I'll pair it with an opto Core or vip Warship, but the Verdict is in the bag now permanently. Distance is about the same as the Pain, sometimes a little more. Mine are pancake flat lucid, 167 and 170...no real difference in flight or moldup. Tensor was the other one that seemed like it might work...thought the Buzz OS, too, but I think the Verdict is the winner. Wish they'd have brought out this disc years ago. It's getting popular around here now where we have strong winds all the time pretty much. Give it a try, you'll love it. Feels better in the hand than the Pain, too...more like the Core with a lower profile.

Last edited:
Love the Verdict, always carry one, but I find myself throwing the Suspect way more on the courses I normally play. The Verdict can handle a serious amount of torque. Perfect amount of overstability for me.

Ok, sounds like the Verdict will be the next disc I buy - unfortunatly I have to wait a bit until my reseller has 175g+ weights again...

its not as overstable as I thought it would be... might need to put the Drone back in the bag...

I bought the light 167 on purpose just to test the hss and compare with heavier ones...no real difference even in the wind. I usually like my mids heavy but this one is an exception. Picked up a 176 yesterday and I'll compare that this weekend hopefully. Verdict isn't like a Drone or a Viper or something grossly overstable like a Whippet....just true hss stable with a healthy but not too heavy fade. Those discs have a positive hss value...if they get assigned a +1 on a rating chart, then the Verdict probably deserves a +0.5. Seems like most discs with a "0" rating don't really have that true high speed stability even if they have more low speed fade. Overstability is in the hss portion, not the lss fade.

Picked up a 169g white Lucid Verdict about a week back hoping it would be a Roc3 with little or no bead. Well l it is not a Roc3, but it is very nice. In fact I think I like it better. I got sooo close to an ace yesterday with it. Love this disc.

Truth or Verdict?

I'm hoping you guys can help me identify this disc? The stamp says prototype verdict but on the bottom of the disc "TRUTH" is etched into the disc. I'm trying to figure out which one it really is? Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20141121_103946.jpg
    20141121_103946.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 25
I think it's a verdict. They made the truths too os but liked them so they just renamed it the verdict. Then they redid the truth which is now more neutral as intended. Its just a prototype that became the verdict.
**All my info based on hearsay***

Thanks guys. I was hoping for a Truth but sounds like a Verdict. I'll field test it but it may be hitting the marketplace very soon. Anyone know value?

Thanks guys. I was hoping for a Truth but sounds like a Verdict. I'll field test it but it may be hitting the marketplace very soon. Anyone know value?

Dunno, I'd be surprised if you didn't like it though. It's an awesome disc. But, people go crazy for pink discs, have no idea why... :confused:

should be able to sell it for a good price, better if you don't throw it though.

Dunno, I'd be surprised if you didn't like it though. It's an awesome disc. But, people go crazy for pink discs, have no idea why... :confused:

should be able to sell it for a good price, better if you don't throw it though.

I LOVE pink discs because I can find them. Disc feels so awesome in my hand I want to like it but may be to overstable. I'll get a few test throws in a grassy field and if that costs me a couple of bucks to find out if it's a keeper I can accept that. Thanks for the input.

It is still a verdict. When the 'Truth' first came out they were all bottom stamped truth but they flew too stable for what they wanted so they started stamping them as verdicts and re-did the truth mold to what it is now.

Anyone know which of these was first released. The first run with mini verdict proto or the big prototype verdict? Both etched truth on the bottom. Just wondering, I have a few of each.

picture.php

Latest posts