• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Lucid Witness/ now with pics and real opinions

The shape is similar to a lot of the really flippy drivers that are out there, but the flat wing was the first thing that caught our attention and is somewhat unique. Only two of our testers have had a chance to throw these so far so the prelim flight chart will certainly be revised as more data sources become available and more of our testers get an opportunity to huk 'em:

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=MR192837O1802014345876O777921OO

The shape is similar to a lot of the really flippy drivers that are out there, but the flat wing was the first thing that caught our attention and is somewhat unique. Only two of our testers have had a chance to throw these so far so the prelim flight chart will certainly be revised as more data sources become available and more of our testers get an opportunity to huk 'em:

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=MR192837O1802014345876O777921OO

I guess that flat wing and just the shallowness of the rim sets it apart for me. Things like the Fury and Underworld have that deeper rim. Thanks for the link and the contest.

Picked up a blue 174g lucid Witness with rainbow stamp at the DD store today. For me it doesn't seem as flippy as my Underworld which I tried but ended up not bagging (fyi my max distance is around 425'). I played Peter Pan and Jones West while I was in town, almost aced hole #5 short at Jones with the Witness, tickled chains but spun out.

Will have to do some field work with it to compare with my Fury and see if there's a spot in the bag for it, initial impression is it's a bit shorter but that might not be a bad thing...

Picked up a blue 174g lucid Witness with rainbow stamp at the DD store today. For me it doesn't seem as flippy as my Underworld which I tried but ended up not bagging (fyi my max distance is around 425'). I played Peter Pan and Jones West while I was in town, almost aced hole #5 short at Jones with the Witness, tickled chains but spun out.

Will have to do some field work with it to compare with my Fury and see if there's a spot in the bag for it, initial impression is it's a bit shorter but that might not be a bad thing...

We were out at Peter Pan most of the afternoon I might have seen you finishing up the back nine at Pan, we didn't start til 1pm. Bummer it didn't stick to those chains. :thmbup:

We were out at Peter Pan most of the afternoon I might have seen you finishing up the back nine at Pan, we didn't start til 1pm. Bummer it didn't stick to those chains. :thmbup:

Yeah, I'm the guy who walked over and gave Matt back his orange Trespass I found lying by 17's basket...

I was actually going to play two rounds at PP today, but your group was a bit...uhm, loud... so I went over to Jones :)

You're not the guy that drives a white jeep are you?

Yeah, I'm the guy who walked over and gave Matt back his orange Trespass I found lying by 17's basket...

I was actually going to play two rounds at PP today, but your group was a bit...uhm, loud... so I went over to Jones :)

You're not the guy that drives a white jeep are you?

Oh I wasn't with those clowns lol I do play with them in league and doubles but just me and a friend played today so we could get done earlier and throw multiples. Matt is a cool guy though he loves that trespass. We had to fish it off the frozen river on hole fifteen a few months ago.

They were exceptionally loud but that's just one guy who has a bad case of ADHD I think. I drive the burgundy Equinox that has an excessive amount of discgolf stickers.

Oh I wasn't with those clowns lol I do play with them in league and doubles but just me and a friend played today so we could get done earlier and throw multiples. Matt is a cool guy though he loves that trespass. We had to fish it off the frozen river on hole fifteen a few months ago.

They were exceptionally loud but that's just one guy who has a bad case of ADHD I think. I drive the burgundy Equinox that has an excessive amount of discgolf stickers.

Ah, ok! I didn't really see anyone else on the courses today other than that group that was just starting as I was finishing up, so I thought you were with them...my apologies!

Ah, ok! I didn't really see anyone else on the courses today other than that group that was just starting as I was finishing up, so I thought you were with them...my apologies!

No apology needed. I would have assumed that too. I actually pulled up to meet my friend as they all warmed up and was not wanting to join their doubles. We skipped to five and they started. A few yelled for us to join up but I was only down for a quick round and some testing new stuff. It's typically a quiet place to play but you get one day of average weather in an otherwise cold week and you never know what to expect lol.

I appreciate it, just picked up a blue. Im addicted to DD's Lucid Blue and Highlighter Yellow. They are definitely going fast though, I would go back to get a different weight but then that weight was already gone. Buy them now! (but if you strike out on DD's website, discgolfcenter also has a good selection)

I appreciate it, just picked up a blue. Im addicted to DD's Lucid Blue and Highlighter Yellow. They are definitely going fast though, I would go back to get a different weight but then that weight was already gone. Buy them now! (but if you strike out on DD's website, discgolfcenter also has a good selection)

trilogy fan page dudes are running wild plus a ton of them went out to retailers I guess. By the time I bought my two Toby said only two hundred or so were left for them in store and online. I didn't get a blue but I probably will eventually it's a nice dark blue. The dayglo yellow is nice. They had a lot of orange from what I could tell. I know the hatchets that were ran in VIP and bright yellow are the opaque and very grippy plastic. I should maybe go buy another one from this run at least just in case but damn I'm running out of storage space. I got a problem. I'm putting an end to plastic buying until May. Or a least next weekend. :thmbup:

I have that blue in a lucid verdict and love it. Were the orange witnesses bright or dull? Im ready for the overstable distance driver but on the other hand giants are doing just fine. Guess ill just have to wait til the GBO, which sucks....I hate waiting.

I have that blue in a lucid verdict and love it. Were the orange witnesses bright or dull? Im ready for the overstable distance driver but on the other hand giants are doing just fine. Guess ill just have to wait til the GBO, which sucks....I hate waiting.

I'm good on verdicts actually. I don't get enough chance to throw them. It's either a truth or I jump to the trident. I don't know if I saw the blues I got a yellow for the bag and two opaque whites that people are paying crazy amounts for now. The overstable compliment to the trespass has been renamed and will be coming out at the GBO. No rush for me I'm liking the villain.

The orange witness is in my original post in this thread. It's fairly bright.

Marshal Street still has some blue witnesses left. I thought I got one on the DD site last night but they must have sold out of the 174 before I checked out because it didn't appear on my order. I was disappointed to find that out this morning but I checked Marshal Street about an hour ago and picked up a 175 blue witness, which is even better :)

This disc is nice. Pretty awesome flight for me, goes very straight the starts a somewhat mid/late fade to the right as it starts to lose speed.

I used this today during dubs on this hole. While everyone shoots straight down the pipe or big hyzer right, I went high and left of all the trees and it faded right directly under the basket for a drop in. There are about 4 BIG trees in a line down the middle starting about 75 feet from the tee to the last one thats 20 feet from the basket. Its only 308' but it felt much better throwing a big anhyzer to it instead of the (somewhat safer) hyzer route.

picture.php

picture.php

Much more controllable than the roadrunner and mongoose for me. 2 cents.

^Agreed! I like this disc so far on the few throws I had with it in league last night. Very controllable. I wasn't really getting behind it because I was unsure about how it would do, but from the throws I had, very controllable and good at holding lines. I got to throw anny, straight and long slow hyzers with it. Can't wait to continue trying this thing out!

Picked up a couple of these and finally got some throws is.

Very understable disc with tremendous glide. Thrown flat this thing had a lot of turn but just kept going. Thrown with a hyzer it flipped up, turned a little and ended up straight. Not much fade at the end. I was able to get some predictable flights with flat and hyzer throws. This could also make a fantastic out of the box understable roller. I can really see this going into my bag as my understable fairway and can envision the holes I'm going to use it on. It's longer and more controllable than the River. Definitely liked it a lot more than the Fury. This is a winner. Warning, don't bother if there's a headwind.

Realized I was dumb to sell of my Witness to Steeze so quickly, so I bought another one today. :wall: I have issues.

There are a couple shots where I would just love to be able to throw a flat turnover, rather than forcing an anny with something else. I think this will do the trick.

Good man! So far this is my favorite Trilogy driver out of everything I've been playing around with. Very versatile.

Latest posts