• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lucky eagles bag 2013

luckyeagle404

174 quasar
175 Eco wraith
171 champ wraith
171 star boss
171 star eagle
171 champ firebird
167 champ leapord
171 champ Teebird
174 stalker
168 vibram v.p.
172 soft magic

My bags always been pretty innova heavy since iv started. No store around me really sells anything besides innova and I'm hesitant to buy anything online without holding it. Any suggestions for discs that are different brands but fly similar to my disc? I like stable to over stable discs. Does anyone think I'm missing some things from my bag as far as flight patterns?

A lot of time with mids I end up flipping them over. But I use my putters for my approach shots. Can you recommend an over stable mid?

OS Mids are a touchy subject. I would suggest learning how to throw stable mids straight first.

do you throw mainly FH or BH?

I would say you need to pick between the Leopard and Stalker (I suggest Leopard).

How long have you been playing?

Iv only been playing for about 9 months. I drive around 350' on a good day. My putting really needs some work. And iv tried a buzz, kc pro roc, and lat 64 core and I tend to turn all 3 over. But for some reason I don't turn my putters over when I drive with them.i definitely like my leapord. But it flies extremely straight for me. I need a mid that will fade a bit. And will perform well in the wind.

Driving purely with putters is harder than with mids so you wither had really bad luck getting understabler than normal mids (it happens even with Rocs) or there is something off in your grip, release or form with the mids. Correcting whatever that is wrong is more helpful than getting a disc that also fades harder. If your disc flips you can add similar angle of hyzer to make it flip to flat.

LuckyEagle405 said:
A lot of time with mids I end up flipping them over. But I use my putters for my approach shots. Can you recommend an over stable mid?
If it must be Innova, the Gator. If not, Sentinel or Wasp. I use my Sent a lot. Really like it more than my Buzzz.

That's funy you recommend a gator because I'm playing in a tourney next weekend and a glow gator comes in the player pack. What kind of grip do you guys use with a mid?

I have enough of an arm to throw my Mace about 370' and don't turn it over in the slightest. Real straight with predictable fade in the end.

Obex gets my vote for overstable mid. I'm confident driving with it and approaching with it and have been playing almost as long as you have and can throw out to 350' as well.

I use a standard four-finger power grip when driving with mids. When using them for approaches I loosen the grip and try to throw it smoothly from a standstill reach back approach.

I had the same problem turning over mids for a while. I'm not sure but I think the problem was off-axis torque. To stop the OAT, i worked on getting the follow-through right: with wrist rotated to keep the thumb down, and with my arm finishing at shoulder height, not lower.

Nowadays, I don't actively think about those things any more, and all of my mids behave WAY more overstable of the way they used to. Like, what used to be my understable midrange, a beat DX roc, is now my overstable midrange, and it only turns over at 100% power.

Well thanks for the advice guys. I can't wait to get this gator and give mids another shot. What are your favorite mids to throw

Currently carrying too many probably, but it's still audition stage for me.
S-Sentinel
Z-Buzzz
Esp - Meteor
Crztl - Zone

Esp Comet in storage.

LuckyEagle405 said:
That's funy you recommend a gator because I'm playing in a tourney next weekend and a glow gator comes in the player pack. What kind of grip do you guys use with a mid?

Power grip four to two fingers depending on the circumstances. Fave mid Z Buzz flat top high PLH concave wing=straight with good fade but mild.

The reason your Vibram V.P. did not flip over on drives is because it's insanely over stable. I've never thrown anything like it before. I use to throw just like you. I was flipping over my Z Buzzz's and I could not throw a DX or KC Pro Roc for the life of me. I ended up using a Hornet to throw straight. The VP is exactly the same. That is why I use to love it. But, I knew something was wrong. I couldn't throw past 300' with the most over stable driver and mid ranges s out there(I'm talking Boss's, Firebirds, Hornets, etc...). With the help of this site and the right pec drill, along with a lot of feedback from JR and a few other members on here, I can now throw my KC Pro Roc's well over 325' consistently. I don't flip it over at all now unless I threw with OAT (off axis torque). I don't get out my Hornet any longer unless I'm facing a 20 mph head wind. I have not touched my Vibram VP in a long time. Even though, it may come handy in extreme head winds. I use to think it was always the arrow when really it was the archer. I still have a long way to go with my form, but I thought you might like to hear from someone who used to be in your shoes.

Andrew

Latest posts