• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Lunar ET omega

thirtydirtybirds

Double Eagle Member
So how are these for those throwing them? Are they small bead like a normal omega, and how is the ET glow plastic? I've been throwing an old, pretty beat, small bead "throw in the dark" aviar for an understable approach putter lately and have been very impressed with it. Looking at the lunar et as the closest in production disc to it to grab a few to start seasoning.

So who likes them, and for what shot? How is the plastic? How do they season?

I have the SS version. It's very much like an Aviar. No bead, or at least miniscule if it's there.

Yeah, supposedly its a micro-bead, though it is barely noticeable. I am more curious specifically about the Lunar ET omegas. I've been told the Lunar ET omegas are the big bead omega mold, which doesn't seem right to me as I haven't seen anywhere advertise them as such. I would think if it was the big bead mold, it would be marketed as such.

Looking for a review of this blend of plastic as well, especially how it breaks in.

The Lunar ET Omegas are not big beads, they have a microbead and a stable flight. The rim is firm and there is a slight give in the flight plate. I'd say the plastic starts out with a rubbery feel and gets more buttery as it beats in. The plastic is durable and holds it shape well as it seasons. I really like mine for drives and approaches. Well worth trying out :)

The Lunar ET plastic is where it's at. Not as floppy as a SS but still nice and grippy. I bought both a Lunar SS and Lunar ET and the SS is still sitting on my shelf.

i expected something closer to the flight plate of a nova (XT) and it's definitely not that. maybe half way between SS and Zero Medium (lat64). as for bead, i'd not have noticed it if not looking for it. half a mirco bead? visible but barely recognizable to the touch, i think this is the same as the standard omega SS, but it's been a while since i passed mine off to a new player (who has since quit... doh!)

picked one up because i wanted the glo-putter option and marshal st. had the first run lunar on sale... and an omega SS had been my first putter. good thing too because i needed it in or at the basket to find it during a recent night round. by far the hardest to charge of my 3 glow discs. i also carried a c-line glow MD3 and an (older?) photon glo XL, and man that photon plastic kicks out the light!

It is a microbead and they are definitely not as stiff as the Nova. I like mine for drives and upshots. It's too bad that they turn dirt brown :(

omega lunar et

i bought 2. both had that cooked too hot glow look...the grey/brown glow color, the glow was weak and faded fast. and they are super soft imo. deformed rim,and puddle top, after just a few rounds,of throwing.they did hold a line well and stamp was awesome though.:thmbup: i would compare the plastic to pro d. or gateway ss or maybe a trilogy smedium.again this was my impression of the omega lunar et as a throwing putter.and it is pretty much beadless. like it had a bead then they sanded it almost off.just pulled the one off the wall and holy s its looks like a manilla envelope now. i have no past exp with the omega they have always been too soft for my taste, this was no exception. hope it helps.

picture.php

picture.php

p.s that disc has been inside on the wall. never outside.