• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] "Macro" Tesla Driver 15cm 80g max sized mini

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
The Tesla has been Macro-scaled! The Macro Tesla is an 80g and 15cm diameter version of the famed MVP Tesla driver, designed for Macro Disc Golf with the upcoming Black Hole® Macro Basket. Macro discs conform to the PDGA maximum diameter for mini markers, but are much easier to grip and throw naturally than mini discs. The Macro Tesla has plenty of stability to handle a full-bore rip, and has been tested at extraordinary distances by our design team.

news_170417_tesla13.jpg
(click to enlarge)

The classic Nikola Tesla stamp is back with a Special Edition Plasma Macro Tesla. Merging old and new, the Macro SE Tesla features black core and white rim, but with the modern twist of black Plasma for its core. The familiar artwork has been modified to better suit the Macro scale, and its text reads "Special Edition Macro Tesla".

news_170417_teslase13.jpg
(click to enlarge)

:popcorn: black plasma sounds fresh.

Smart move by MVP. I can't believe we haven't seen the mini teebird, roc, and destroyer yet.

I wonder with these new larger minis becoming common(lil wiz, Discraft stuff, now these) if we will begin to see mini golf take off a bit more. It's kind of a cool thing, and now that they actually fly pretty well it could be more fun.

giphy.gif

So, Gyro minis are supposed to fly further than regular minis, and on tighter lines right? :D

I for one am looking forward to the future arguments and fanboying.

These things probably will bomb though.

I'll be getting one to try out.

I'll definitely pick up a SE to match the full size LE version. :thmbup:

Maybe i'm missing the hints at sarcasm, but they do realize that Macro means the opposite of small/micro right?

Is this the same size of the Mini-Buzzz?

If So, a Basket made to fit these sized discs would be awesome for the yard, house, park, etc, etc.(MVP Macro basket will be a thing??) I think Medium disc golf (bigger than old mini's and the baskets for mini's are too small for these bigger mini's) could be a HUGE thing.

The Buzzz is fun to toss, i haven't tried any others, but if the baskets are released, i expect this to be a pretty big thing, i could see it being its own side thing on courses, to have NEW Mini golf . There were some mini courses already set up but those minis were so small and barely flew right so it was kinda dumb.

So the mini baskets won't catch them? Seems like my MVP mini basket would.

Since they're legal to be used as minis, and Discraft's molds are a little too big to be legal, they'll fit better than Discraft's but barely. A mini challenger will fit with about a quarter inch to spare.

I got a SE ordered. These size discs are great for small kids. My 3 year old loves her Lil wizard (hate that name for it as it's just a really big mini and not a smaller version of a wizard).

Since they're legal to be used as minis, and Discraft's molds are a little too big to be legal, they'll fit better than Discraft's but barely. A mini challenger will fit with about a quarter inch to spare.
Even though the mini buzzz is too big the pdga said you can use it as a mini. Idk if they said the same for the nuke and challenger.

I wonder how the macro baskets will differ from the minis. They are not available to order but on the wholesale form.

And PDGA is a mess. Update the damn specs if you are going to let illegal sized minis be used and turn a blind eye. Sometimes yhe rules seem like they need to get cooked on about 700 degrees and new chef hired to make the next menu of crap.

If anyone has some for preorder drop me a PM... I never got a full sized Tesla w that art and want one.

Latest posts