• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mad City Open Scoring?

lxames

I live in Madison but can't get to the tournament today--hoping to go to the final 9 if MJ is in it. Does anyone know where to keep up with the score? No live scoring on PDGA or MCO page that I can tell.

I live in Madison but can't get to the tournament today--hoping to go to the final 9 if MJ is in it. Does anyone know where to keep up with the score? No live scoring on PDGA or MCO page that I can tell.

No live scoring, probably have to wait until after round 2 is done before scores are uploaded. I'm going to be there early tomorrow to watch at Token Creek. Just got a text from Dave Z, he's 2 off the lead after round 1. Waiting to hear how MJ and another guy are doing.

I guess Elver is a lefty friendly course......

1st round scores are up, looks like MJ is -8 and Dave Z is -7. Will post 2nd round info if I get text updates later.

Scores are up, great day, great weather, and some great disc golf. The finals were nip and tuck all the way to the last hole. Terry Miller filmed the finals and did his traditional interview with the winner (I also filmed the interview, got a bunch of pics and vids from the round and finals as well). Hoping to put together a montage of pics and vids to post on youtube. Even shot a short video with MJ, really nice guy, very accomodating to anyone who wanted an autograph.

FYI, a youtube video of the finals has been posted by GoldeyeGolf in the 2016 Tourney Videos thread.

I really wish they wouldn't use those holes for the final nine. Token is kinda boring, those last holes are ugggghhh

I really wish they wouldn't use those holes for the final nine. Token is kinda boring, those last holes are ugggghhh

Well I believe they used that 9 because it's by far the most gallery friendly group of holes. And even though they aren't all that difficult, the wind kicked up which made them more challenging.

I really like the park itself, pretty amazing place actually -- too bad it doesn't have some elevation changes though.

It was better last year as much of the tall grass was painted OB. The island hole has been decisive both times. Definitely easy for spectating.

It was better last year as much of the tall grass was painted OB. The island hole has been decisive both times. Definitely easy for spectating.

The only things I saw painted this year were the putting circles. Those rocks around the outside of the island hole help to keep discs in, but they also do a good job of keeping discs out. Missing that really cost MJ too, unfortunate.

In 2014 Keith and Cale went to a playoff after playing all 27 holes at Token Creek. The playoff started at hole 3, and ended on hole 10. It was very dramatic, and it didn't seem like the spectating was that rough (from the video, at least; link below--skip ahead to last 34 minutes of Smashboxx coverage). Having the final nine on, say, holes 2-10 would show those watching on YouTube the best holes at the course (in my opinion), and allow for spectators to watch some interesting golf. My two cents, not that they matter...

http://www.madcityopen.org/results/

Latest posts