• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Made Man dye

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Did this for another request, Made Man on a Star Aviar.

The Aviar has some pretty good swirls in the plastic, especially right in the center, but they didn't interfere much with the finished design. The biggest sign of this is the streak on the jacket and pants leg; such is the crapshoot when dyeing incongruent plastic :p
The hat is a bit purplish, but should fade out a bit; strange because this was the exact same dye mix of pearl gray used for the suit. :shrugs?:

Background came out great too. Handcut as always, hope you enjoy!

Masked for black, just rinsed out of the dye:
4758680738_29eab089f9.jpg

Finished disc:
4758042469_7419592469_b.jpg

This is cool makes me want to get a Tommy gun tatatatatatatat ha! Well done how did you do the background?

Amazing as always Bennett!! A+. I'm going to try my hand at a PipBoy dye (yours reminds me of pipboy). I would love to know the steps you took to get all the colors and shade on this one here.

This is cool makes me want to get a Tommy gun tatatatatatatat ha! Well done how did you do the background?

A mix of black liquid Rit and clear dishwashing soap, painted on with stubby brushes. I did a lot of experimenting on my test plastic to figure the correct amount of time to leave the mix on so as to get the shade I wanted.

Latest posts