• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Made my M14 basket into a M21

Snakeman

I bought a M14 and found that 14 chains didn't always stop the disc. I added 7 more chains and now it's as good as the permanent baskets on the courses.

I got 21 S-hooks and 7 pieces of chain each 20 links long. I attached one S-hook to the same points that the inner ring of chains are attached, the next hook 3 links along the chain to the outer ring between the existing chains and the third hook to the end of the chain and the bottom chain ring.

The basket cost $135.00 from Sun King Disc Sports (2 years ago) and the extra chains and hooks were $70.00 at Ace hardware.

70 dollars doesnt seem like too much of a deal

i agree...it also lessens the value of the basket for practice. i have one of these and will never add any chain to it. this basket can be a cruel mistress, but it will make your putting better in the long run. it doesn't catch any BS high or weak side putts. IMO it catches only a little better than the bullseye baskets.

to each their own, i guess :rolleyes: