• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Madison course conditions

alcstradamus

Par Member
Can anyone in Madison give me an insight as to some of the course conditions there right now? I am going to be there Sunday, but if the courses aren't really in good shape my trip itinerary needs to be changed

Thanks

I'll give you a bump, maybe someone local will see this and chime in.

And I'll speculate on course conditions, Madison is a couple hours East of me, I know they got more early season snow, I don't know if they've been getting this late season snow, but around here there's still 10" or so on the ground with a base of nice sloppy slush underneath that, the snow is hard enough to get good skips and not bury the disc. If people have been playing, it's probably well packed down, maybe open mud in areas, Sunday I'd guess most of the mess will remain frozen through the day.

Hiestand should be fine, but use common sense and avoid any exposed areas if possible. As of earlier this week, there was a decent snowpack, good frozen ground, etc. on most of the course. Course conditions update yesterday said there are some areas starting to show mud. Based on the current forecast, we may have to pull the course before next weekend. Elver and Vallarta-Ast (Token Creek) are closed all winter and early spring. Course conditions for Bird's Ruins in Marshall were just updated on this site yesterday as well (Decent, some soft and soggy spots, pins may be pulled soon). I don't know about Stoughton, but have to assume it is in similar shape.

Latest posts