• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Magic vs. Swan

Jintaq

Par Member
For two discs with relatively similar flights, they are radically different shapes and the plastic varies greatly. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Any word of advice, points to note, or arguments for or against one or the other would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Love my Swans. They has a nice easy grip, fairly soft plastic, and they gran chains well. I also very rarely get rolls or bad bounces with them. From what I remember the Magic had a little deeper grib, but was a little better of long approaches or off the tee. The Swan is easy to turn and burn if you really try to rip it. I use mine from about 150' and in or so.

Flight wise, Magics and Swans are close with a Magic more of a floating slow to get there disc and the Swan a little more direct.

I did a comparison of a Magic and Pure. The Magic was as described above and the Pure was a direct laser beam to the basket. Put the Swan right in the middle of the two. More direct than a Magic, but not as laser beam as the Pure. Note, this is a Swan 1 I'm talking about. I have no experience with the Swan 2's.

As for feel, a Magic feels like a deeper rim like an Aviar where the Swan feels like a shallower rim like a Pure. Actually, if you have access to a Pure it feels almost exactly the same.

Latest posts