• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Makeshift Target Ideas for Int'l Travel

I'm looking at 2 weeks in Ecuador (not anywhere close to the 1 course there) and am hoping to work on putting. I'm taking a fistfull of putters, but I'm not sure about what to use as a target. I have an Innova Traveler, but it's too big. It will cost too much to travel with it in-country.

Is there something I could take with me to use as a makeshift target in a city park, for instance? I know I could just throw at a tree or something, but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with something better.

Needs to fit in a standard-sized checked bag.

Have you thought of something like the dg nomad? I dont know if that company is still around, but i think looking at it would at least be a good starting point.

Nomad

Pretty sure they are still around. Nomads are pricey for what you get, but they fill a niche market. I have one for exactly the reasons you've cited. Super light weight and easily configurable.

I probably would not recommend it for serious putting practice, but for tossing 100-200' upshots it is holding up pretty well so far. Depending on your arm, you may need to stake it down.

$70 does seem a bit pricey.

4d16d240dd259fd61ecd1c4845a750f1_c8cx_w9it1_idmj.png

53e2ebd030fe4ebb15be63042a6f2805_tww5_sw3a.png

Use a milk jug, put in on a stick or hang it from a tree, or a towl hanging on a closeline or branch

I have been playing with an idea for fast portable targets on the cheap.

A top loading military style duffle bag is roughly basket size. Just need a long center stake to hold it up off ground and rigged so that top is fluffed out. Maybe a cow bell attached to stake for sound.

Hang a fishing net from a tree or stick one in the ground. Less time collecting discs of the ground = more putts.

Is an Innova Skillshot smaller than the Traveler?

A skillshot will fit into a large backpack, so that seems small enough to travel with.

Latest posts